Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jan 2008, 5:29 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20080121/ ... birthagain

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 5:44 pm

Thank God for that. I thought for a moment Rod Stewart was going to have another kid.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jan 2008, 6:06 pm

mmaestro wrote:
Thank God for that. I thought for a moment Rod Stewart was going to have another kid.

:lol: Yeah, I kept the original title, because it was humorously misleading. But I find the stars in the sky way more fascinating than people stars.

mmaestro
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 6:17 pm

Oh, agreed. And this is just fascinating, although the story was kind of sparse. Am I reading it right that they're guessing that the stars have had some sort of gaseous outflow and that's what's going to form these new planets? Or am I inferring too much? Normally my go-to place for this stuff is Space.com, but I didn't see the story there.

Music of the Moment: Radiohead - In Rainbows

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:00 pm

It's because they were irresponsible and didn't use starcondoms. Now they're going to have new planets and the next thing you know, the whole neighborhood goes to hell....

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:31 pm

reminds me of a meeting I was in recently. The manager wanted to have a new set of rewards called the 'Nova' awards (for new). I almost lost it; a Nova is a star that explodes in a blaze of glory, then burns out...like employees, y'know?...;)

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jan 2008, 9:39 pm

mmaestro wrote:
Oh, agreed. And this is just fascinating, although the story was kind of sparse. Am I reading it right that they're guessing that the stars have had some sort of gaseous outflow and that's what's going to form these new planets? Or am I inferring too much? Normally my go-to place for this stuff is Space.com, but I didn't see the story there.

That was the impression I got, as well. And you're right, the story did seem sort of sparse.

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm

Here's where I saw it originally

MSNBC

well I've never gotten a link to post right here, we'll see if that worked. If not, here's the url to copy and paste:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22768418/

heh... worked both ways it appears... now if I could only get that antimatter to remain stable at room temperature....

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jan 2008, 3:30 pm

Thanks for posting that link!

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:29 pm

:lol: Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology are three of my "special friends". :D

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jan 2008, 5:07 pm

Your sig is funny! :)