Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 8:23 pm

Have you seen it? I went to see it today . it was weird...

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2008, 8:47 pm

Haven't seen it yet, but CBC's noon newscast AIRED A #@^&ING SPOILER! I couldn't believe it! I still plan to see it though. Looks like they took the Blair Witch gimmick and put it to much better use.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:17 pm

they did the blair witch thing well, the computer effects were cool. the movies campaign was good, not making promises that the movie couldn't keep or hyping it up to much.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 1:14 am

I hated the movie. Some people seemed to like it though.

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 1:27 am

The first 2 days at my theater it sold out, and now more people are coming to see alvin and the chipmunks.

Aysmptotes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2008, 2:42 am

Personally I liked the idea of just having it from the vantage point of the real people in danger rather some scientist shipped in with a whole bunch of army guys going "what is this thing!" with all the labs and the sexual tension with a fellow scientist or something or other.

I always wanted to see a story from people who usually don't matter in movies. Like when a car gets wrecked in a movie I always wonder, what about when the person comes out the store to find their car totally trashed? They matter too.

So I liked the idea and the whole one camera thing. Made it seem realistic, especially when all the people had their camera phones out taking pictures. They were just trying to survive.

I didn't really enjoy the whole romantic thing where he was trying to get to the girl that much. And plus I got really sick through half of it, but hell, the ticket cost seven bucks and I am not just going to throw away seven bucks. I never puke anyway so I just dealt with it.

I sorta wished that it didn't involve the monster so much and just the people trying to survive. I am not that much for plot really lately since plots are getting reused to much lately.

Randy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 4:11 pm

I saw it Sunday afternoon. I thought it was a good movie.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 8:35 pm

I liked it. It wasn't anything huge, but it was some well-done entertainment.

I was sorta disappointed by the monster though. XD But I don't know how I could have NOT been.

brfandan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2008, 9:26 pm

i haven't seen it yet, but i want to see it badly. but i don't have too high hopes for it, since i hear its nothing more than a popcorn flick for the mtv generation.

i still don't know if you can beat 28 days later as far as that whole genre of films goes (zombie, horror, monster movie, etc.) not only can it be enjoyed without much thought, it is also pretty deep emotionally and psychologically.