Daleks vs. Cybermen?
Daleks 89%  89%  [ 17 ]
Cybermen 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 3:49 pm

Yep, I'd agree - Doomsday was impressive, though I preferred the "Daleks in Manhattan" flying because it gave us a better look.

Remembrance was the first time the dalek noticeably flew.

Davros flew in Revelation but it wasn't terribly obvious.

I didn't even realize that there was a levitating Dalek in Revelation until years later when I read one of the books. Even then, I couldn't spot it because the effect was so poor.

I'm still not sure I could spot it in the original version but it's obvious in the enhanced version.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 5:29 pm

gbollard wrote:
Yep, I'd agree - Doomsday was impressive, though I preferred the "Daleks in Manhattan" flying because it gave us a better look.

Remembrance was the first time the dalek noticeably flew.

Davros flew in Revelation but it wasn't terribly obvious.

I didn't even realize that there was a levitating Dalek in Revelation until years later when I read one of the books. Even then, I couldn't spot it because the effect was so poor.

I'm still not sure I could spot it in the original version but it's obvious in the enhanced version.

Yeah, I knew Davros indisputably hovered in Revelation.

BTW, did you answer my response to your assertion about the decpaitated Cyberman in Attack of the Cybermen? Remember, the people doing it were cybernetically enhanced themselves.

On sabbatical...

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 5:57 pm

Quote:
quatermass said:
BTW, did you answer my response to your assertion about the decpaitated Cyberman in Attack of the Cybermen? Remember, the people doing it were cybernetically enhanced themselves.

Yeah they were I think. I'd love to get hold of Attack of the Cybermen - they brought it out on VHS after I'd made a rule not to buy any more VHS - I was going DVD. I haven't seen it since it in about 10 years - I missed the last few repeats. :(

I'm sure they'll bring it out eventually.

For some reason, Cybermen always seem weaker. Of course, the whole point is not that they're bad, simply that they have a goal to achieve and that they think they're doing a good thing. Something the series seemed to get wrong after the Tenth Planet.

I've noticed the new series making a lot of mistakes about Daleks too... The Doctor is often accusing them of being emotionless... "They're full of emotion - just the wrong one. True, he acknowledges "hate" but then later refers to them as emotionless again.

It will be interesting to see how they interpret the Sontarans. I'd say that the closest Hollywood thing to them would be the predators. Everything revolves around war - even sport. Dare I say, "war as a special interest?"

BTW: Have you seen the Revelation DVD with the flying Dalek?

TheAPERSON
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 9:24 am

I voted for Daleks, for all the reasons mentioned above.