Work stress how do you deal with it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Frosty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2008, 4:46 pm

How do you deal with knowing your in a very good job and your choices are slim but that same job is driving you nuts thru stress and overwork? I know it is a mindgame and that is what I am doing to contend with issues and focus on the positive.

I am really thinking about the local watering hole at 5:30 - and I have only had [b]one[/b] after work beer so far in the last, 25 years of so. :(

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 7:05 pm

I've been there before--- if I get toooo stressed out I risk a panic attack or meltdown, so if I know I'm stressing out, I'll try and find a bathroom to just sit and cool off for a moment, to gather my thoughts. I am bad at stressful stuff. One of my last jobs, I couldn't get away or anything--- not even to a bathroom--- I had a panic attack, slammed my head into a desk and I couldn't go back there after that. Not very ladylike, I know. I try now to allow myself time--- time to do my work in a timely manner and time to keep a good pace without stressing myself out too badly. I also make sure I know where the bathrooms are.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 10:27 pm

I take out my aggressions during my workout routine, which I try to do every two days. I give it the same value as meditation, because I do it by myself and it really works wonders.