TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 12:34 am

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 12:57 am

Too me from alot of what Ive seen it seems like games are really going to go way past the point that its hard to pick up and play without totally sucking.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2005, 8:46 am

Aside from the obvious implications for some of us with something so fiddly, isn't this new style of controller just asking for RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury)?

Apparently Nintendo have decided that it is more important to appeal to people who find regular controllers "intimidating" or "childish" than look after people's health and safety. Idiots!

:x

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 9:02 am

While I'm pretty excited to play something like Zelda and Mario with a controller like that, it really means that we're not gonna be seeing many 3rd party games ported to the Revolution... I mean how the hell is a game like Soul Calibur or Street Fighter supposed to work on that controller?!

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 10:01 am

Presumably you'd pick it up and smack someone with it?

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2005, 11:24 am

:(

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 11:37 am

Nintendo are yesterdays news when it comes to home consoles anyway. Im sure a lot of people are looking forward to them stopping with the home consoles and making their games for the playstation.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 11:58 am

How are we supposed to play ports of old NES and SNES games with a controller like that? They don't expect us to use the ganecube controllers for that do they? I wasn't picturing anything quite like that, simply because I thought this was geared torwards old school gamers who want to play old games. I was expecting a controller that could rearrange itself to lok like controllers from previous systems, not that. The possibilities are limitless, but well any third party developers even bother with it when they'll be making more than enough money off of XBOX 360 and PS3? I just want to know how I'm supposed to play all these games I'll be downloading with a controller like that? Or well they make a separate controller just for that? Too many questions, too many questions!! !

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 12:23 pm

eamonn wrote:
Nintendo are yesterdays news when it comes to home consoles anyway. Im sure a lot of people are looking forward to them stopping with the home consoles and making their games for the playstation.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm almost inclined to agree. Their last two consoles have pretty much only been worth it for the major Mario and Zelda games.

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2005, 12:27 pm

:(

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 1:45 pm

I don't really care much about graphics, and I'll probably buy Revolution because it's cheaper and well proably have more unique games and the downloading old games feature. I'm perfectly content with not getting any of the newer systems, because all I see in the future is sequels for things I haven't beaten the orignals for. Of course the only real difference between sequels and the original is graphics, which I don't care about (as long as they're not really bad).

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 1:52 pm

eamonn wrote:

Nintendos problem is trying to appeal to an audience the other two systems have already won...adults and teenagers. If Nintendo simply trys to appeal more to the children audience, it might have more of a chance surviving. A system like this is probably their last shot at staying in the console industry. All they have to do now is have a good variety of games.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 2:28 pm

eamonn wrote:

NO!! ! (is that emphatic enough?)

Nintendo consoles have always been perfect for their games, they may not have been perfect for ports and third-party games, but they've been perfect for Nintendo games, first-party Nintendo games are the reason why I buy Nintendo consoles, they're amazing.

For NES games you turn the control 90 degrees counter clockwise, I have no idea how SNES, N64 and GCN games will work.

I think Nintendo could do some neat things with this controller, but I don't really understand how more traditional games will be played, super smash bros. for example, how willl it work with only three comfortably accessible buttons.

FPS's will be amazing though, a proper trigger (not seen since N64) and motion sensing aim!

P.S. On third-party support, major third-partys such as EA, Sega, THQ, UbiSoft and Square-Enix have been very positive about the controller and have promised support.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 2:33 pm

Thing is even though they don't sell as many of their main consoles, they still make as much or more money than them because of cheaper hardware, constantly selling truckloads of Game Boy and the umpteen versions of Pokemon shows, cards, etc. Still this is a HUGE gamble and I don't know if it'll pay off for them. I look forward to personally swinging my sword in the next Zelda game but like S_N said most 3rd parties probably won't have the patience to develop games to work for it.

Oh someone asked how you're supposed to play the classic games, you just tilt it on its side and its like a long NES controller. They should've put more buttons on it though, if I want to play some SNES games I'm gonna want four buttons. Why does Nintendo have this ridiculous idea in its head that the less buttons the better?!

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 3:03 pm

Look and listen then quit yer bitchen.
http://bigncontroller.ytmnd.com/