Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 10:24 pm

eamonn wrote:
I believe it has the second best graphics behind the X-box though when it comes to games most of their graphics is behind Playstation 2's also partly due to the slow cpu speed and partly due to Nintendo aiming for the kiddy market and releasing games of poor overly colourful graphics. I also noticed a lot of bluriness in the graphics.

XBox is number 1 this generation in graphics, Gamecube is second, and PS2 is in last place. The PS2 came out first and has the slowest processor speed of all, at like 200 some mhz. The gamecube has about double that, and the Xbox has 733mhz.

But again, graphics don't matter and where the PS2 pulls through and wins is in that it has the largest game library. Even the worst graphics don't matter if you are the market leader.

I also hate the slow load times of the PS2... you have to wait like 5 minutes with the loading screen. The gamecube has almost no loading times. Nintendo designed it that way. You turn it on and the game loads very fast.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 10:36 pm

eamonn wrote:
It seems that you are getting the excuses in early for PSP's inevitable ownage of the DS. I will look forward to see the next gameboy. They will probably call it the gameboy miniscule and have the same graphics but even smaller and still aim it towards its main market of seven year olds. How revolutionary. :roll:

The DS is leading the PSP by almost 2:1. Why do you say that it is inevitable that the PSP will prevail? The facts don't support that.

In fact, the PSP is plagued with problems. It has buttons that stick, dust in the screen, thumbsticks that break off, flying umds, a low battery life, and slow loading times. DS has none of these problems and is therefore a superior quality product.

Yes, you are refering to the gameboy Micro, but that is an updated model of the GBA and is geared more towards adults and it will come with a play yan adapter which will allow it to play mp3s and movies, which for the moment is the only advantage of the PSP. But I am not refering to the game boy micro. There is going to be generation of the game boy in 2007... the DS is not a continuation of the Gameboy line, and is something entirely different.

eamonn wrote:
Well if graphics arent important why do Nintendo release new consoles all the time? Why not stick to the NES system and keep making new controllers for it? :P . Besides there is far more features to the big two consoles than the "Revolution" could dream about or Nintendo could afford. An ownage all round i think before it is even released.

Well, graphics mattered at one time. I think it's gotten to the point now where it doesn't matter much.

And you couldn't play the games you can today with the NES... not just because of graphics limitations, but also due to the fact that the NES is limited in speed, 3D capability, etc.

But there is really nothing that the next generation of consoles can do that the current generation can't, except for incrementally better graphics.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 10:50 pm

All im interested in is a fun games experience and with amazingly detailed quality graphics, sound and inevitably still having the best selection of quality games i will continue to stick with Sony. Unless of course the X-box 360 surprises me. I dont expect the Revolution to be a player unfortunately.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 2:38 am

Psychlone wrote:
XBox is number 1 this generation in graphics, Gamecube is second, and PS2 is in last place. The PS2 came out first and has the slowest processor speed of all, at like 200 some mhz. The gamecube has about double that, and the Xbox has 733mhz.

Yes, the Xbox processor runs at 733Mhz (it does not "have" mhz, it runs at/is a N Mhz processor) and yes the Gamecube processor runs at 485Mhz. But the Xbox is a Celeron and the Gekko (GCN's CPU) is a modified PowerPC, an intrinsically faster architecture, running more parallel calculations, it is faster. Gamecube also had the advantage of ridiculously fast, though admititly low capacity, 1T-SRAM, with latency easily five times better than Xbox's off-the-self DDR-400 RAM.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 2:41 am

Psychlone wrote:
But there is really nothing that the next generation of consoles can do that the current generation can't, except for incrementally better graphics.

Agreed, I see only two areas where more processor power is needed, AI and physics models, and advancements there will be very incremental indeed.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 6:54 pm

eamonn wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I don't like the DS or PSP, but that's an entirely different aargument.

All I plan on buying is the Revolution, and that'll probably be the only system I'll buy for a long time, being the old school gamer I am. I'll probably just sit out the next few generations until gaming seems worthwhile again. Until then, have your fun arguing over which worthless clone is better. Originality is my best friend, and it's moved away. XBOX 360 and PS3 are the same in my mind, they'll have a very similar set of games and almost no unique-ness.

Have fun with all six games it will have for the first year of its release while everyone else is tuned into the next generation. Mario Revolution. Mario party revolution. Zelda R, Super mario tennisR, super mario golfR and Nintendogs. Lalol.

I'll also have fun playing my old Gamecube games after I move away and leave the Cube at home. And all those wonderful nostalgic ports of old games I'll get for free (hopefully).

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 8:41 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:

I'll also have fun playing my old Gamecube games after I move away and leave the Cube at home. And all those wonderful nostalgic ports of old games I'll get for free (hopefully).

I am pretty sure that Ninty confirmed they wont be free. It will obviously cheaper than new games though.

GamerGuy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Nov 2005, 3:43 pm

'Bout time I found this topic....

*reads first page*

Okay... Gamecube was better than for just something like SSBM and Zelda....

Best Games IMO:

1. Tales of Symphonia
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. Resident Evil 4
4. LoZ: Wind Waker (Cartoon? Bah! I say Cel-Shaded, and all those who hate this must hate Zelda)
5. Phantasy Star Online (Offline, hacked w/ Action Replay)

When I think of the Revolution controller, you can just think...

"A DS for the TV!!"

Less buttons, sure, but at the very least there will be some good games with good graphics and bad games smashed with the..... ...."pretty stick" *shivers*

However, with the way it's set up prefectly for the DS, you can see a DSR (Dual Screen Revolution) plug in (and you can hold down Z for pressing the stylus.)

The only thing that would need to be added (which would be easy) is to add a pointer so you know where you're pointing (so you don't punch your poor nintendog in the eye with a stick).

Game Port Expectation Wish List:

1. FF8 (<---My Final Fantasy Fav.)
2. FF7 (Anyone see the PS3 Demo?)
3. Duck Hunt
4. Some First-Person Shooter that moves by itself

Seriously, stop looking for cons only and ONLY for pros!

Thats all for now (I'm not reading through the other pages yet)

If Off Topic Post in Off Topic Boards = On Topic, does that mean-- *Asplodes*