Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 11:46 pm

Warming world blamed for more strong hurricanes
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8002

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 3:19 am

told you. and no, i'm not being smug, just wondering when people will listen.

devastation on a scale which makes katrina look like a spring squall has been happening in (for example) low-lying parts of bangladesh for years. but, of course, western governments don't give a toss, because only poor asian people live there.

maybe people (i.e., Bush) will start thinking more seriously about climate change after katrina. what an appalling comment on the powers that be, that it might take tragedies like katrina to finally get them to listen.

and what do we hear? "petrol's going up by x pence". well, so it should. yes, we'll have to pay more for things. well, we got ourselves into this mess, and so we're going to have to pay to get ourselves out. (and no, i can't afford pricier petrol, or higher food prices any more than the next person, but it's what needs to be done, so deal with it).

jb814
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2005, 9:33 am

Bush and Co. have been told for years about the problem(s) but have turned denial into a large scale industry. One of my fav sites is the union of concerned scientists, http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/ and you can get an idea of the suppression of science and the lenghts these guys will go to in order to keep info from the public.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 7:59 pm

It is the end of the world that is coming is why all this bad events like super strong hurricanes and such things are happening to this world.

That is the real reasons why what is going on in this world and to this world.