Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 1:20 pm

MrMark wrote:
Johnnie wrote:
I understand what a surplus means...

Well, clearly you don't. Go take a course in economics.

Just because somebody told you what to think doesn't change the fact the country hasn't had a sulplus as long as I've been alive.

Using your logic if you went grocery shopping on friday and could only afford enough food for 4 days instead of 7, you would have a surplus of food for 3 days :roll: on the 4th day you would have enough to eat and after that nothing to eat.

You can't see past a time block like most people who live paycheck to paycheck or base their spending on their monthly income. A 1 year block of time is not really much different than a 1 week block of time or a 1 month block of time. You are limiting your thinking to a fixed block of time because that is what you have been trained to do.

Bill Gates has a surplus, has more than enough money to last a life time so can give some away because it's extra money, he has a surplus of money.

Quote:
Go take a course in economics

I could have used one at 10 years old, but was in the hands of a dysfunctional school system run by bimbo's, so figuired it out on my own and retired at 45 8) How's your net worth doing, must be great considering you have the financial skills to run a country.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 5:17 pm

You're talking about a budget surplus like it was the opposite of a debt. A budget surplus is the opposite of a budget deficet. A credit is the opposite of a debt.

I bring home about $1350 a month. I live on between $1000 and $1200 a month. I have a budget surplus of $150-350 a month.

I have $1000 in my savings account. This is a credit. If I had no money in my savings account, but a $1000 balance on my credit card, then I would have a debt.

You're absolutely right, the US government has never been out of debt in your lifetime or mine. However, in the 90s, due to increased tax revenue as a result of the tech bubble, the US govenment was bringing in more than it was spending and thus had a budget surplus.

By the way, did you know that I consider myself a conservative? I do not consider tax cuts implemented when the economy is strong to be fiscally conservative. I consider myself to be more of the William F. Buckley variety of conservative rather than the Rush Limbaugh variety. The latter really gives the rest of us a bad name.

- Emerson

sojournertruth
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2008, 5:37 pm

Johnnie wrote:
no they drive 10 over the speed limit because they have things to do and aren't just passing the time of day waiting for their next government check to arrive.

then they crash and burn because they couldn't make a turn with one hand on the steering wheel and one on their cell phone, swerving into oncoming traffic and taking out three other vehicles, because rules are for small people. Conservatives, apparently, think that they're too important for the basic rules of traffic courtesy (Johnnie); too important for the basic rules of accounting (Enron); too important for the Geneva conventions (Ashcroft); too important for the logistics of occupying a country (Rumsfeld); too important to respect national soveriegnty (Bush and Bin Laden).

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2008, 5:59 pm

Incidently, I just found out, William F. Buckley died today.

Conservative author Buckley dies at 82

- Emerson

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 3:05 pm

Quote:
However, in the 90s, due to increased tax revenue as a result of the tech bubble, the US govenment was bringing in more than it was spending and thus had a budget surplus.

Not true, the debt went up every year even with them stealing social security revenue and not funding the federal government employee's pensions promises.

got me why people belive the lying SOB's in the news media when they get caught at it over and over.

Town I used to live in had so called balanced budgets, did it by not funding their employee's pension fund and have $1 Billion in unfunded liabilities. USA has over $50 trillion in unfunded liabilities and growing.

Quote:
I bring home about $1350 a month. I live on between $1000 and $1200 a month. I have a budget surplus of $150-350 a month.

Quote:
between $1000 and $1200 a month.

that would be $1100 if it was between

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/d ... ally_leaks

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 4:40 pm

Well, it sounds like you think anybody who disagrees with you is just wrong.

What does any of this have to do with the idea that anybody who drives like an idiot must be a liberal, or the idea that all liberals are filled with hate? I thought the liberals were the peace & love rainbow family hippies who believed that government could solve all the world's problems.

And what, not a tear shed for the loss of Buckley? The world won't be the same without him. I guess Lindbaugh will have to carry the torch. Oh, God. :roll:

- Emerson

KRIZDA88
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Feb 2008, 4:52 pm

She's just scary. 8O (shudders) 8O

Kinda hope she gets the democrat nomination though, because nothing will get conservative voters out there in greater mass than a quest to prevent her from getting into the white house regardless of the Republican candidate. Obama is scary because he's a true threat... he is even more liberal the Hillary (yeah, it's possible) on some issues and has barely any political experience... but most of all he's a smooooth talker he can say just about anything and make you believe it... and that's scary (even scarier than a big out-of-focus monster like big foot [see sig]) :wink: .

-Bigfoot IS blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer?s
fault. He's a large, out-of-focus monster, and that's extra scary to me.

-If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 8:21 pm

MrMark wrote:
Well, it sounds like you think anybody who disagrees with you is just wrong.

What does any of this have to do with the idea that anybody who drives like an idiot must be a liberal, or the idea that all liberals are filled with hate? I thought the liberals were the peace & love rainbow family hippies who believed that government could solve all the world's problems.

And what, not a tear shed for the loss of Buckley? The world won't be the same without him. I guess Lindbaugh will have to carry the torch. Oh, God. :roll:

well yeah they are wrong unless they can prove other wise, I could prove clinton increased the debt every year just by going to the US treasury web site and posting the link to the fact the debt went up and every year they don't put aside money for future social security and government pension liabilities the unfunded liablities go up.

driving
I posted something about idiots who block traffic are most likely hate filled liberals, saw one the other day, state cop stuck 2 cars back and he finally got sick of the liberals crap and blew around the two cars in front of him using the empty right lane and got behind the miseralbe liberal who quickly found his right turn signal and moved into the right lane, so he knew he was holding up traffic, but once he saw a state cop in his rear veiw mirror found the right lane real quick.

I've driven like 2 million miles and have saw it all, road games is what i call it. The bumper stickers are the tip off. I was thinking of getting a Bush 08 one for my pickup, figured it would be good for a lawsuits when some crazed Bush hater in vermont rammed me :lol:

Buckley
wasn't anyone on TV that was a better sleeping pill than that guy, he could put a meth head to sleep. About time they declared him dead, he was barely alive when he was alive.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 8:32 pm

Johnnie wrote:
I've driven like 2 million miles ...

That's remarkable. I used to drive a truck, about 500 miles a night, 5 nights a week. It would've taken me about 16 years to drive 2,000,000 miles.

- Emerson

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 9:31 pm

took me 30 years of driving, started as a delivery driver at 19

I can't believe I'm aruguing with a truck driver, no place is safe :P

now shut up stupid ,echo,echo BEEP

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 9:37 pm

I used to drive a truck.

So what do you suppose it is that causes liberals to be so hate-filled?

- Emerson

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 9:38 pm

Quote:
"Hello...I am at the Schneider Dallas OC and I was doing laundry earlier and talking to the folks in there -- I actually love doing that. You can meet so many interesting people and hear some really neat stories, especially on a holiday like Christmas."

Christmas at the terminal :hail:

Quote:
the quality of the driver pool slowly diminished until truck driving was reduced to a profession of last resort

Head of truckload carriers association :lmao:

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 9:42 pm

MrMark wrote:
I used to drive a truck.

So what do you suppose it is that causes liberals to be so hate-filled?

They where born miserable or it just aggrivates the hell out of them life is so hard for them so they take out their fustration on everyone else.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 10:04 pm

Okay, so they were born miserable. What do you suppose caused them to be liberal? Are you suggesting a person's political beliefs are genetic in origin? Are you suggesting that a person's misery or happiness is genetic in origin?

- Emerson

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 4:49 am

MrMark wrote:
Okay, so they were born miserable. What do you suppose caused them to be liberal? Are you suggesting a person's political beliefs are genetic in origin? Are you suggesting that a person's misery or happiness is genetic in origin?

why did you ignore the second half of my post ? don't fit your define (( it )) double talk agenda ?

to answer your question, yes most mutants seem to lean liberal because life is hard for people who the gifted and or pretty people don't take too.

Even the hollyweirdo's are fully awhere if they didn't hit the celeb lottery they would be waiting tables and nobodies because most have no marketable skills and where made by somebody else. They hate being puppets on a string controlled and marketed by other people who can throw them away if they decide to use another puppet that they think will attract a bigger audiance.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 8:15 am

Johnnie wrote:
to answer your question, yes most mutants seem to lean liberal because life is hard for people who the gifted and or pretty people don't take too.

Is that also true of most aspies?

- Emerson