Hawking 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Clooney or equivalent 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
What? 65%  65%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 26

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 1:24 am

If you don't think Clooney is attractive, substitute a celebrity you consider physically attractive.

Edit: Mods, could you move this to the Love and Dating section? Don't know what I was thinking posting it here.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 3:33 am

The fact that this is in the Adult section plus Steven Hawking is too hilarious for words.

You sure you want to move it... :wink:

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 5:16 am

Gillian Anderson. No contest.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 7:26 am

Hawking is not a nice man for a partner as he had affairs and left his wife for another. But I think intelligence and artistic ability (creativity) are the most attractive things in a mate.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 8:35 am

Ragtime wrote:
Edit: Mods, could you move this to the Love and Dating section? Don't know what I was thinking posting it here.

Here's a reason to keep it in love and dating:
http://shsatisfaction.ytmnd.com/

Edit: I meant to say adult section... oops...

Last edited by ToadOfSteel on 21 Feb 2008, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 9:52 am

Pugly wrote:
The fact that this is in the Adult section plus Steven Hawking is too hilarious for words.

You sure you want to move it... :wink:

I know. :oops:

Incidently, I wrote him a 7-page letter when I was 13, about my theory of "Negative Space" -- an equal and opposite universe which existed "below/beyond size zero". A full year later, one of his flunkies wrote back to me that it was intriguing, but probably not true. I felt so Hawkinged. :x :lol: And to think I was ready to build a special wheelchair attachment for the guy on my space-shifting machine!

Also, one of the cool things about Negative Space was that, if you stay in it for 5 minutes, and then come back into Positive Space, you'll get here 5 minutes earlier than when you left. So, ya, I was going to exploit it for time travel :oops: . I later abandoned the idea of building that "infernal machine", as Doc Brown might say. :lol: The machine was basically just a forcefield so powerful that it created its own tiny universe within itself, which could be contracted to any size you wanted -- even past zero.

/mad scientist rant

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:03 am

lotusblossom wrote:
Hawking is not a nice man for a partner as he had affairs and left his wife for another. But I think intelligence and artistic ability (creativity) are the most attractive things in a mate.

Wait, wait, wait. Clooney is faithful? (I don't know; I'm just asking. Usually those Hollywood celebrities cheat and/or break up/divorce within a few short years. Then again, Hawking is a celebrity -- just one in a different circle. I heard Einstein got a big head (metaphorically), and slept around while married after he became famous. :? Damn those otherwise-average supergeniuses! :lol: But see, to me, Clooney is not an interesting person. I've heard him interviewed, and frankly, it's disappointing. I guess my question was tuned to the "conversation" aspect of dating. Whom do you think would be more interesting to talk to?

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:13 am

I once had a dream about Stephen Hawking.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

21 Feb 2008, 11:38 am

I would definitely not date Stephen Hawking but it has nothing to do with his intelligence or his disability. It's the infidelity.

Frankly, I would just not ever want to date a celebrity, period. Aside from other reasons (paparazzi, etc.) ....I don't even want my man to go away on short business trips, much less long projects. :wink:

MsJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2008, 1:18 pm

I hate to be utterly typical, but if he were single, I'd want to date Johnny Depp. Bleah... I feel like a sheep (NT) in Aspie clothing (which needs laundering). But I do favor good-looking guys, as long as they are quirky and have a brain. Mainly I stick to rockers. My longtime BF is one (and a fellow Aspie to boot).

BTW, I answered "what?" 'cause I think Clooney is gross.

Oh, and I couldn't resist adding that I like it when my boyfriend leaves town on tour - I love my alone time! Anything more than a month is a little much, but otherwise, I just figure that it gives me a chance to miss him.
-J.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 1:39 pm

MsJ wrote:
Oh, and I couldn't resist adding that I like it when my boyfriend leaves town on tour - I love my alone time! Anything more than a month is a little much, but otherwise, I just figure that it gives me a chance to miss him.
-J.

I've found it's hard to balance "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" with "Out of sight, out of mind."

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

21 Feb 2008, 1:56 pm

Ragtime wrote:
MsJ wrote:
-J.

I've found it's hard to balance "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" with "Out of sight, out of mind."

I used to experience a lot of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" with guys until I found someone who clicked just right. When I left him at the airport I was suddenly aware of being alone and truly minding it. Then I realized that being with him was the first time I'd ever felt unalone.

I will still need alone time but I wish the extent of that could be a trip to the library or a day at work. :(

Ah. :heart: Sorry. Random mushy talk. I will go back to my cave now. :P

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 2:44 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
MsJ wrote:
-J.

I used to experience a lot of "absence makes the heart grow fonder" with guys until I found someone who clicked just right. When I left him at the airport I was suddenly aware of being alone and truly minding it. Then I realized that being with him was the first time I'd ever felt unalone.

I will still need alone time but I wish the extent of that could be a trip to the library or a day at work. :(

Ah. :heart: Sorry. Random mushy talk. I will go back to my cave now. :P

No too random. I identify.

MsJ

21 Feb 2008, 2:49 pm

Quote:

My guy and I live together - "out of sight, out of mind" is kind of difficult when his stuff is still all over the place (not to mention his dog). :) It's also why it takes me a while to miss him - it takes some time for me to feel he's actually "gone."

Quote:
Sorry. Random mushy talk.

Not too mushy - I'm sure my boyfriend wishes I were a bit mushier.

-J.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 9:59 pm

Neither one.

If I were to find someone, it would be a man like Roger Bannister. (I don't think anyone like that exists in my age group, however.)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2008, 9:38 pm

Oh Johnny Depp definitely. He's rather witty with his words and the charactors he potrays.