What is lov, what is attraction.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 6:06 pm

For you Joy,( but I thought I would post it on Wrongplanet.com so some geeks can have a butchers too)

The laws of nature control the relationships among animal as it does for human.
Scientific analysis can be done on both fairly accurately and comparison and contrasts can be made. Instead of trying to describe what love is, I will explain before love instead.

Before love, an individual is subject to by criteria’s set on them by a potential mate. Is he tall enough, is she beautiful enough, his he wealthy enough etc. Same logic applies to animals the same.

Many of these criteria appear to have no apparent relevance or importance such as beauty for example. Beauty reflects in general someone general health and the health of their potential offspring, that is why so many people( usually guys) go for looks. Many women are attracted wealthy and high status men because they are better able to support their offspring. Obviously, they do not think all of this stuff consciously, it all happen subconsciously and effects their attraction accordingly. There go any potential rant about people being too shallow, because scientifically everything ( most things) has a logical explanation. Damn shame very few look for it.

Getting to the point about my comment I made yesterday. “Many men are attracted to woman who would make good housekeepers” He subconsciously thinks, ”think my offspring will have a better chance of growing up to adulthood.“

All this factors may or may not be leftovers from hunter gatherer days. It is hard to really understand these things unless you have scientific analysis. The old fashioned men that believe woman place is in the home cannot do that, neither can the feminists. Except one view and half the population will live in misery and oppression, except the other and you could have broken families and single parent families, and the kind of things you see on the streets of Croydon at the weekend.

I am a little rat faced at the moment as I am in a good mood and found a half a bottle of one wine(half a year old)( I am a lightweight) So I will not have the ability to check grammar. I think I have said everything I need to, so I will call it a day.

Last edited by Aspie_Chav on 22 Feb 2008, 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:06 pm

attraction is the impetus to love. attraction is when two people grow closer, love is when they meet.
As if there was a comprehensive definition of love...;)

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 11:33 pm

The two don't necessarily have to be related.

Attraction, especially physical attraction, can develop nearly instantly in most people (I'm one of the few that doesn't feel instant attraction), while love takes much longer to develop. Conversely, attraction can die rather quickly too, as opposed to love which can last a lifetime...