I know you hate the idea of a cure but how about this...

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Well?
Yes 19%  19%  [ 12 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 32 ]
Obama 30%  30%  [ 19 ]
Clinton 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 64

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 9:59 am

Not only that but in your topic you say, "I know you hate the idea of a cure." That sort of gave me a clue into what you were really doing. I would luv to be able to have social skills typical to an NT, I also would luv to keep sum of the things I have. There's a lot of good and bad that's come out of this. It sounds like you're insulting us on this board. That's why I'm not buying into this thing of you having a cure.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 11:19 am

fernando wrote:
2ukenkerl wrote:
So what is this exercise you speak of that supposedly does all this?

I'm not gonna publish something nobody wants, besides, being the only one who knows the cure to AS gives me a head start to curing LFA and... well... that's where the money is :twisted:

Trust me, if you've really come up with a cure, either someone else already has, or someone else will. Because generally when something like that is discovered, it's not just one person who figures it out. If it can be stumbled on the way you describe, then someone's already stumbled upon it before, and quite possibly the other person by now is more aware of the limitations than you are.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 1:21 pm

anbuend wrote:
Trust me, if you've really come up with a cure, either someone else already has, or someone else will. Because generally when something like that is discovered, it's not just one person who figures it out. If it can be stumbled on the way you describe, then someone's already stumbled upon it before, and quite possibly the other person by now is more aware of the limitations than you are.

I know there is a chance of that, that's one of the reasons i'm waiting and researching and teasing the community with details. Nothing similar has come up though. And i didn't stumble upon it, i dropped out of college, i quit my job and i went into full time research of asperger for 2 years. I tried hundreds of things before it started working.

And who the hell voted Clinton?

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

fernando wrote:
anbuend wrote:

I know there is a chance of that, that's one of the reasons i'm waiting and researching and teasing the community with details.

It'd help if you gave more details.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Apr 2008, 4:01 pm

anbuend wrote:
It'd help if you gave more details.
Yep, i agree! :)

:study:

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

20 Apr 2008, 2:34 am

Oh come on. You've got to be kidding me. I could tell you were an NT before I even looked up your profile. First off, for the sake of organization, I would think that a hypothetical cure question would be posted somewhere under the autism discussion, but not in the news section. Second, your pole choices for presidential candidates do not seem to be relevant to the topic at hand, unless one of them is funding this type of semi-cure. If this is the case, please let us know who it is. Thirdly, I do not agree with all of your view points. For example, why would you want us to lose the ability to daydream? I sometimes gain a deeper understanding of myself and situations around me when I daydream. Also, I am not routine oriented and less social simply because I have anxiety. I love routines, and I don't find it necessary to have fifty friends, attend parties, go to the clubs, etc. You can never fully appreciate what it means to be an aspy unless you are one.

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 7:14 am

I don't hate the idea of a cure!
In fact, I want to do this... is there any way you can find out more about it?

*curious*

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2008, 7:11 am

My social skills are not "there but anxiety kept them prisoner." I'm not shy. I'm not anxious about spending time with people. I just don't want to. For the most part I have two choices: I either go and just act like myself, at which point other people decide that I'm weird and leave me alone, or - where that's not an option - I put a lot of mental effort into figuring out how to say the right things to fit in a bit better. This often works but leaves me exhausted. What I don't have is the innate understanding of what other people expect me to say in order for me to be "one of them." I have to spend a lot of time watching and trying to work it out. This isn't anxiety. The only anxiety I have is the general feeling of apprehension about having to spend time doing something which I intensely dislike doing (ie dealing with people). Removing anxiety is not going to do a thing to make me come across as more NT.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 11:28 am

I quite enjoy my daydreams.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 1:19 pm

fernando wrote:
What if there was a single, easy exercise that you can do alone, in the comfort of your home, that would remove anxiety, remove all sensory issues and let your social skills run free (they have always been there but anxiety kept them prisoner).

No anxiety here. Big social issues.

Anxiety is not the basic cause for social issues of autism. Social anxiety can affect a person that was having subjectively 'mild' difficulty to the point of 'total inability' to interact socially. Cure this -> return to 'mild' or even 'no' difficulty.

Now that's where I stopped reading actually.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:55 pm

KateShroud wrote:
First off, for the sake of organization, I would think that a hypothetical cure question would be posted somewhere under the autism discussion, but not in the news section.

That is so unfair, i started this thread long before this section was opened, some moderator must have moved it here :(

As for the presidential options, i put them there to make it all sound fake, you see i'm not trying to be believed, twisted isn't it? :twisted:

FigginOfDeath
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 10:15 am

I'm not totally opposed, but I'd rather just keep rolling an Aspie.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 3:10 pm

LostInEmulation wrote:
I do not want to lose my daydreams! I'd be far less creative without them - and so very alone (the thought of that just made me cry IRL)

That's the point at which I said "NO WAY!"

That and the visual thinking. I'd be absolutely worthless.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

04 May 2008, 3:41 pm

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
LostInEmulation wrote:
I do not want to lose my daydreams! I'd be far less creative without them - and so very alone (the thought of that just made me cry IRL)

That's the point at which I said "NO WAY!"

That and the visual thinking. I'd be absolutely worthless.

Don't worry. He hasn't got a cure. From what I've read of his posts, I can tell he's a snake oil salesman. I ran into something like that in a pyramid business. For example, they said an introvert could become an extravert if he or she really wanted to. It was all a scam that claimed a healthy self-esteem could help one become anything. Don't waste your time with him. He was obviously an NT from the start.