Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2008, 3:35 pm

I just want to mention that I've written three fantasy novels, which are available at my Lulu storefront:

http://www.lulu.com/jmgallen/

There you can read samples of my novel and consider buying them, if you wish.

I've always wanted to be a published writer, and published the first version of my first novel, "Org's Odyssey," at iUniverse, although I regret doing so then since I had to pay $400 and couldn't edit my work if I found errors later, which I can do so at Lulu.

I've also tried to heavily promote my novels, in my blog, in blog communities, at my school and church, sending press releases to my local newspaper, and so forth, although I've only sold 28 copies of my novels total, most of which has come from my own family, with my mom typically purchasing a few copies of my novels once I've published them.

I feel that I've pretty much wasted my talent and promotion efforts since I do value my work (which I consider my magnum opus, and I don't really have any ideas beyond it) and hope it can be of some significant profit to me in the future. Someone suggested that I seek a publishing agent, and I found an agent search engine site where I could try and do so, although all the agents I contacted either didn't respond or didn't want to help me with my work.

Some advice and maybe some interest would be appreciated.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Feb 2008, 4:59 pm

Congrats on being published! I have read about authors calling local bookstores and creating a demand, by asking for their own recently published book. Sometimes, if enough people call, the bookstore will try to order several copies of the book.

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2008, 5:14 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Congrats on being published! I have read about authors calling local bookstores and creating a demand, by asking for their own recently published book. Sometimes, if enough people call, the bookstore will try to order several copies of the book.

There are some bookstores at the mall in the town next to mine, so I'll give it a shot.