Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 2:04 am

When I say "It's a start," I don't mean a have a girlfriend or I got someone's number. I'm talking baby steps. Tonight, I went to the Movie Gallery to rent a PS3 game. There were two women working there and no other customers. I got my game and took it to the counter. I looked at some of the upcoming movies and asked the women about them. We spent the next half hour talking about our favorite movies, including Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. To some of you this may be no big deal, but to me it is one of the greatest achievements of my life. For the first time, I was able to talk casually with a woman I have never met before, two for that matter, about things I truly love and while being myself! I think I may be on my way to finally getting the only thing missing in my life!! :D

I just had to tell someone about this, I hope it will be an inspiration!

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 2:07 am

I know what that is like and know how that feels so good work. May not be a big deal to some but to the rest of us these things feel monumental.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 4:00 am

Social_Fantom wrote:
When I say "It's a start," I don't mean a have a girlfriend or I got someone's number. I'm talking baby steps. Tonight, I went to the Movie Gallery to rent a PS3 game. There were two women working there and no other customers. I got my game and took it to the counter. I looked at some of the upcoming movies and asked the women about them. We spent the next half hour talking about our favorite movies, including Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. To some of you this may be no big deal, but to me it is one of the greatest achievements of my life. For the first time, I was able to talk casually with a woman I have never met before, two for that matter, about things I truly love and while being myself! I think I may be on my way to finally getting the only thing missing in my life!! :D

I just had to tell someone about this, I hope it will be an inspiration!

Oh yeah!

Go you!

You ROCK!! !! !! !

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Sorry, I make a big deal out of the little things.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 9:51 am

Good. Next step talk casually with only one woman you have never met before about something you truely love while being yourself.

Everyone has to take baby steps in te beginning, when you feel confident enough you can try running, but you might fall and scrape your legs.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 9:04 pm

I'm glad all of you thought it was as great as I do, thank you all! :D

I may decide to try flirting too, but I haven't the first clue on how to go about it. :?

the_incident
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2008, 1:24 pm

Awesome!

Congratulations!

Big ups!

About flirting, I don't think it's always necessary. Sometimes it's good enough to just be friendly.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2008, 6:07 pm

In regard to flirting, it is best not to try to flirt, let it come naturally. If it doesn't come naturally then the person you are talking with isn't bringing it out in you, and you have no business flirting with her. There are not many things as sad to watch as people who are forceing themselves to flirt, it just isn't pretty.

Complex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2008, 8:29 pm

If you think about it, there's a lesson here. The girls were eager to discuss movies with you but not the video game you were checking-out. Films are something that most women can relate to because most women watch movies. Most women don't play video games though. Spend more of your gaming time watching films instead and you'll have more to discuss!
Good job!! !