how can i tell if this girl really is interested in me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kid_A
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2008, 10:17 pm

okay, theres this girl my small group of male friends and i have been hanging out with recently and its hard for me to tell if she just really likes me as a friend or something more.

her and i spend a lot of time together, alone watching movies and whatnot just as friends. but when we go out drinking together, she is very affectionate towards me, but only while drunk. whenever we come back to the dorm, she always falls asleep curled up next to me, and the other night she even shared my bed with me because it was too cold for her to walk back to her room across campus, again she had been drinking. im also thinking she only did this because she trusts me so much.

the reason i have doubts is because, she really doesn't come on to me while she is sober, and i know she has a boyfriend at another school who she loves very much, although she doesn't talk about him very much anymore. she does talk to me online almost all of the time, but its also hard for me to try and make advancements because i dont want to lose her as a friend and whenever i think of making them because i have lost a friend for the same reasons once before.

its tough because i think i like her more than any girl ive ever met before. so, i'd like to hear wrong planet's collective opinion on this situation before i make any rash decisions.

bigizz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2008, 11:25 pm

I'm certainly no expert but your chance (if you ever had one) has probably passed. At least that is what my experience in a similar situation was. But who knows - everyones different. You may as well go for it now though or figure out some way to try and get past it. If you have these feelings for her and can't get over them your friendship probably doesn't have much of a future anyway.

Sorry to be so blunt - I wish I could give you a happier prognosis. Then again I'm sorta clueless with these things myself so what do I know? Still it sounds like you know what the truth is but just may not want to believe it.

hal9000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2008, 12:07 am

i think you had your chance and missed it. i was in a similar situation recently where i constantly second guessed every little thing and i blew it with the girl. even now i tell myself i never had a chance anyway but i don't think that's true :cry: this is why i hate being AS.

give it another shot, who knows, you might luck out.

Gosmokesome
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2008, 12:43 am

You're probably just a friend. Open up to her, if she trusts you you should trust her as well.