Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2008, 2:53 pm

FF7 is my favourite video game. I played it after having seen the film, which had immediately become my favourite film. Constant playing of the game then lead to a small obsession, which now only;y partially exists, sadly, though it is an extremely good game, and Advent Children is a brilliant sequel to the game, and a brilliant film. My favourite characters are Sephiroth and Vincent. Plus Kadaj, if the film were in subject, too. My most used characters are Cloud (he's probably everyone's most used) , Vincent and Red XIII (Nanaki, as some prefer to call him. Yes, I know it's his real name)

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Mar 2008, 3:04 pm

I've only seen the Japanese (English subtitled) version of Advent Children, and I'm actually going through the game itself again. I frankly think it's a little overhyped, but with good reason, as it certainly does have a lot going for it.

lovebat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Mar 2008, 6:00 pm

Awesome music. Greatest RPG ever. I'd say its the best game period, but there are so many other games that I love just as much (Toejam & Earl, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Tie Fighter, Warcraft II, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Castlevania III, NBA Jam, Tecmo Super Bowl, Time Crisis 2, Captain Commando, Alien vs. Predator (the arcade one), Mutant League Football, Day of the Tentacle, Turtles in Time, Command and Conquer, Wolfenstein 3D, Counter-Strike, Maximum Carnage, Super Metroid, etc...)

Wow, that is a long list. I guess I love more videogames than I thought I did.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 8:05 pm

I'm currently trying out other FF games.

But FFVII is good yes.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 8:37 pm

Before Final Fantasy VII came along, all I played were mostly fighting games and racing games. I bought it when it first came out since it got really good reviews, and I had always wanted to try previous Final Fantasies. Unfortunately I had to share the SNES with my older brother so we had to get games we both would agree on, and he was a stick in the mud.

I won't lie though I am more than a little bit ashamed to say it, but that game moved me in a profound way. The graphics (for its time) were unbelievable. The game play was outstanding and was able to hold my attention thanks to the visual way it was represented. The story kept me engaged and was interesting enough to make me want to not stop playing it, EVER.

And Sephiroth , let us not forget Sephiroth. That has been the only villain in a game that has ever made me have a real emotional drive to defeat them. The first time I went up against him in the final battle I was all like "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Aeris, prepare to die *Ultima*. Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Aeris, prepare to die *Ultima*. "Hello my name is ... oh crap supernova".

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 9:14 pm

Arbie wrote:
Before Final Fantasy VII came along, all I played were mostly fighting games and racing games. I bought it when it first came out since it got really good reviews, and I had always wanted to try previous Final Fantasies. Unfortunately I had to share the SNES with my older brother so we had to get games we both would agree on, and he was a stick in the mud.

I won't lie though I am more than a little bit ashamed to say it, but that game moved me in a profound way. The graphics (for its time) were unbelievable. The game play was outstanding and was able to hold my attention thanks to the visual way it was represented. The story kept me engaged and was interesting enough to make me want to not stop playing it, EVER.

And Sephiroth , let us not forget Sephiroth. That has been the only villain in a game that has ever made me have a real emotional drive to defeat them. The first time I went up against him in the final battle I was all like "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Aeris, prepare to die *Ultima*. Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Aeris, prepare to die *Ultima*. "Hello my name is ... oh crap supernova".

ROFL!! !

I would like to get my hands on FFVII, but I have a PS2, which will play the game but won't save it to memory card. Maybe if i put a PS1 memory card in?

I think they should remake FFVII for the PS2, with the graphics of Advent Children.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2008, 10:06 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Arbie wrote:

ROFL!! !

I would like to get my hands on FFVII, but I have a PS2, which will play the game but won't save it to memory card. Maybe if i put a PS1 memory card in?

I think they should remake FFVII for the PS2, with the graphics of Advent Children.

Yes PS1 memory cards work just fine in ps2s. I have been having an urge to fire up FFVII again. The should be remaking FFVII soon I hope. It is pretty much next in line for a remake, the have remade 1-6, and they even remade FFtactics. So what's keeping them on 7 I wonder... If they remake 8 before 7 I am going to go Lionheart on some mugs. :wink:

Aspieking
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2008, 12:51 am

I have nearly all the Final Fantasy games, even the compilation sets released for the Playstation 1. I missed out on playing Final Fantasy 11 though. They're great RPGs. Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy 12 which I got a couple of weeks ago for the PS2. For anyone who hasn't played it yet it's a great game. Though I've never been overly fussed about the heavy CG scenes that you have to go through, don't know why.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2008, 3:11 am

remake for 360 and Ps3 already!
No more stupid spin-offs
You add more to the original game with the current technology.

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2008, 8:58 am

Aspieking wrote:
I have nearly all the Final Fantasy games, even the compilation sets released for the Playstation 1. I missed out on playing Final Fantasy 11 though. They're great RPGs. Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy 12 which I got a couple of weeks ago for the PS2. For anyone who hasn't played it yet it's a great game. Though I've never been overly fussed about the heavy CG scenes that you have to go through, don't know why.

I've played FFXII as well, and having played and beaten every single other Final Fantasy to date, I was fairly disappointed. The character development is bad and is a complete departure from what FFX had. The story is also somewhat mediocre.

There are some good things, however. It's much more difficult than the previous FFs, which is a nice bonus. In fact, I may be inclined to say it's the toughest one ever. Also, the new battle system is very good. I was skeptical of it at first, but they pulled it off very nicely and it works great.

As for FFVII though, well, just look at my Avatar. :D I'd say it's a toss between VII and VI for the greatest FF ever. If you liked FFVII, I'm pretty sure you'll like VI as well. I'd definitely pick that one up if you're looking for another one to play.

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2008, 3:09 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:

ROFL!! !

Yes. That would work xD

They did make a version of the intro video with AC graphics, didn't they?

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2008, 3:14 pm

Phob wrote:
Roxas_XIII wrote:

ROFL!! !

Yes. That would work xD

They did make a version of the intro video with AC graphics, didn't they?

They did I think just to create hype.

Phob
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2008, 3:55 am

Yeah. They didn't go any farther with it, and I think that they announced that they weren't making one.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 4:33 pm

I own a replica of Sephiroth's Masamune and can handle it just as good as he can. I've practiced with it a lot!! :D

It is 70 inches long, exactly as tall as I am. :lol:

Drakeman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2008, 4:40 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I own a replica of Sephiroth's Masamune and can handle it just as good as he can. I've practiced with it a lot!! :D

It is 70 inches long, exactly as tall as I am. :lol:

I've seriously thought about purchasing that thing, although I don't have $90 lying around unfortunately. That'd just be SOOOO badass to have though!! ! :D

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2008, 5:59 pm

I would have thought no one could wield such a sword, for the simple reason that it would snap if you tried to swing it.

On sabbatical...