can't decide 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
think it is inherently impossible; please expand in thread! 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 35

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 10:10 pm

ouinon wrote:
:D Science is currently ( in the first stages of), centralising the business of sensing/the work of our senses, observing/measuring our environment for us, detecting relationships between physical data.
Technology is taking over most production work. ( motor functions), and also responds to more and more service requirements.

:!: It is possible that some time in the next 1000 years use of science may result in many bodies becoming mere petri-dishes for brains/consciousnesses, ( the process has already started), which would work at a wide variety of "video games", not only trad fantasy ones, (as many people in the far east already do; known as "goldfarmers", grinding to level up for richer western players who can't be bothered to, etc,), but also online financial systems, information cartels/data wars, etc, and pay for entertainment; simulated sensory pleasures, aswell as brain-services, body-fuel etc etc.

Some/a certain number of bodies might continue to have some relevance. For producing and raising children, for example. And perhaps people would have to use their bodies until a certain age simply to establish certain wiring,...or not.

Do you like the sound of this future? Why, or why not? :?:

Would there be any reason to get upset/feel sad, as our bodies gradually reduced to mere cushions and fuel cells for our brains?

8)

i like my flesh. but if that was failing me, i don't think i'd have much of a problem with cyborg life. and if i did, i could just turn off. :P

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 6:22 am

Has anyone seen the movie Weird Science?

Machine sexuality. Sex with machines. That's where this is going, isn't it?

I prefer the flesh. Less maintenance.