Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2008, 6:01 pm

Well, I've come across an age-old problem that sort off whittled away and has now come back to haunt me in a newer, uglier light.

There is a girl, Morgan, who is constantly at me for a multiple things, not that I should resort to name calling, but the best way I can describe this woman is a "b***h" no, not a female dog, the slang of this phrase, a complete- well, I don't know how to describe it.

But anyway, onto the problem, she has been dropping snide comments at me for the past few days, talking about things that get under my skin ((i.e, my biological mother, and Morgan saying she's not at fault when I say I have no respect for the woman. And I don't.)) And, well, I can't even hang out with one of my friends without her showing up. In which case, I was sitting with one of my friends today, and he was talking about a problem, and asked my advice, see, I used to be able to give very good advice, and no one in my new high school knew about this. So he asks my advice, and I'm telling him, Morgan overhears, and, well, is throwing a fit. "Why are you asking her advice? Why can't you tell me the problem?" ((I think I can already tell you why, someone comes to her with issues, she tells them to 'f**k off'.))

So, as that happens, I try to ignore her before finally saying. "I gave really good advice back in my hometown, he feels safe with me, which is why he asked me, now please leave me be." ((Yes, that is how I talk, go figure....)) And I don't even remember what she said, but somehow the topic came to my weight, I am not overweight, and I am no twig either ((like half of my school is.)) This woman is about my size, maybe larger, I don't know, I don't look at girls closely enough to know, least of all her, but this went on for a few moments before she said something about my AS.

"At least I don't have Ass-burgers!" Complete pronunciation and all, I could care less if the rest of you pronounce it that way, but say it with malice and insult as she did, there's going to be a problem.

Pretty much, I don't care what remarks she makes about my weight, my clothing, or whatnot, I can change my clothing ((with a bit of effort, like lining denim jeans with satin or something to make them bearable or whatever.)) I can go on a diet, but my AS is something that I cannot change, and, in a way is sacred to me. That insult I couldn't deflect.

Pretty much, the entire day was spent completely silent, and in a corner at all possibilities. What can I do to handle this woman....?

Everyone knows it's Windy!"

Rednal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2008, 6:19 pm

Punch her in the face.

...Okay, maybe not. You'd get in serious trouble for that, no matter how deserved it may be. I understand how you feel; comments about looks and such don't bother me, either. They come from somebody who is obviously insecure about themselves, and more often than not, they're just the same insults that have been told a thousand times. If they can't take the time to be creative, I don't feel obligated to be insulted. Insults are just a sad part of growing up.

However, I agree that AS is, in its own odd way, special. To me, insulting such a thing is no different from insulting a paraplegic because they are unable to walk, or a blind person for being unable to see. There is absolutely nothing they can do to be typical, and using that as fodder for insults is rather low. Believe me, if someone said that to me, I probably would attack them. Or at the very least get busy with some serious intimidation, which I've gotten rather good at out of my desire to be left alone. There is no excuse for using something that cannot be changed to harm another person like that; I'd get in trouble, yes, but I would be satisfied because I would feel I had done the right thing.

This Morgan girl is clearly childish. Research has been done, and quite frankly, the fact that she's at about the age she is (Teenage, from the thread's title) means that her brain isn't fully developed. She's not mature, she's a child. Therefore, her opinions about you are absolutely worthless; let them hold no value. Inform her of this the next time she insults you. State in a kind and clear manner that you're sorry, but she is not at all important, and that you really couldn't care less what she thinks. If she uses that mispronunciation again, advise her to go into a phonics program so she can learn how to read and pronounce things correctly. Don't bother getting upset, just treat her like the child she is. It's rather effective if you can keep it up for a long time.

...And if worst does come to worst and she really just goes too far, go ahead and punch her. Sometimes, there are things you just have to do no matter how much trouble you'll get in (and you can always state that it was brought about by your AS, thus something outside of your control, which is basically true...)

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2008, 6:27 pm

((I would say the outbreak was AS, but that didn't work the last time I acted out and almost cut the curculation in a girl's wrist for the same sort of thing, save for she was attacking my friend's honour and not mine.))

I will bear that in mind, however, that she is a child and her words hold no meaning. And, should worst come to worst, I could find some way to sprain my ankle or something, bring my hiking stick to school, and whack her with it, claiming for it to be a tic. ((Well, OK, that's pretty true, whenever I have that thing, I tend to swing it towards the ground if I'm sitting...))

But yes, intimidation, deflection, and if worst comes to worst, brute force, will do. ^^

Detren
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2008, 9:43 pm

What normally worked for me with teasing was a "look". Look at the person like you would a small child who is throwing a tantrum to get a candy bar in the grocery store. It's that "are you quite done yet?" look.

Stare at them while they go on, wait for them to stop, then just ignore their whole "tantrum" and go back to what you were doing. What she is looking for is a rise from you to make herself feel big, don't let her have it. (Even if someone does hit a nerve, don't let them have the satisfaction of knowing that they did.)

HarraArial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2008, 10:49 pm

"Are you quite done yet?" Oh, that is brilliant, I've seen that look, now to master it, oh, thank you! <3

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 Mar 2008, 8:59 pm

Morgan seems like someone who has nothing better to do with her time than make others feel small and herself large.
I suggest that if she brings up your AS again and uses it against you, that you just ignore her. I know, easier said than done...but if she doesn't get a reaction, she'll most likely give up and go find someone else to harrass, which isn't good but atleast it's not you.

Or you could do what I used to do in school...when someone says something bad about you just say..."Oh really, thanks so much"...just like you would if you received a compliment. They'll either try and say something worse or laugh at you and call you an idiot for saying thank you to a negative comment...but after a while, they know that you don't care and just move on.

I agree that using AS against someone is extremely low...but what can you do?...nothing. You can't control what someone else says, but you CAN control your reaction to what was said. Maturity is the one thing that the immature hate.

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2008, 3:40 pm

"at least i dont have assburger!"
reply= "good for you. now you can just be like everybody else in this little playground we call mother earth, and you can have little bunnies and live a perfect life of man and children and debt and car and house, and you can go out with other normal people and do normal peoples stuff!" (said with increasingly psycotic voice ^^ )

Teoka
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2008, 3:40 pm

In the immortal words of my boyfriend's friend, "f**k that ho!" XD Seriously, this girl needs help. She's more socially inappropriate than some of us must be!

I can imagine what she must be like, and I have to say that just acting like she's just a little kid and you're the mature, superior adult should help. Have an air of confidence around what you say to her, give some clever insults. That oughta shut her up. The "are you done yet?" look should work as well, and if all else fails, I would punch the b***h <3

BTW, I talk the exact same way :D

Aspie score: 159 out of 200