Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

acousticvalley
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2005, 1:22 pm

Last edited by acousticvalley on 09 Nov 2005, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 4:57 pm

Nope. Actually, the scalp on my head is one of the least sensitive areas of my body. I often enjoy tugging on my hair (never hard enough to pull it out of course).

My head is very hyposensitive.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 6:13 pm

When I was little I didn't like brushing my hair (and of course I got into trouble for that).So,yeah I was tender-headed.My head still is a little sensitive,but now I actaully like people palying with my hair (and I like to play with thiers).

-SpaceCase :D

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 7:57 pm

My head is extremely oversensitive. I had my hair cut off when I was 6 (it was down to my butt) because of the tangles. I used to scream "PULLING!" every time my mom would brush my hair. Then I grew it out again in high school, but cut it off again when I realized that ponytails and certain kinds of barrettes just weren't going to fly.

Last edited by fahreeq on 02 Oct 2005, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:16 pm

not sure how to answer this because in some ways my scalp is sensitive because i hated having my hair combed by my mum when i was a child and i've never liked the sensation that wearing a hat creates (sort of an tingly feeling). but i love having my scalp massaged (with lots of pressure from the fingertips) and having my hair washed with warm water from a shower-head... heaven!

fahreeq, did you really have your head off when you were six? ouch! 8O

Last edited by hecate on 02 Oct 2005, 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:19 pm

acousticvalley wrote:
I'm a male but have above average hair length. I slick back my hair behind my ears for comfort because having it over them would prevent me from hearing well and would also scratch my ears irritatingly. The side effect though of slicking it behind my ears is I get headaches in my temples where the hair is being tugged at to be pressed behind the ears. So every so often I shovel it out from beneath my ears and stick it out in an image resembling the stereotype of a mad scientist, until it begins to feel loose and disoriented and the headache fades at which point I slick it back behind my ears for another long period. I guess this could be filed under 'sensory integration issues'.

I do this same thing with my ponytails. However, I can't stand having short hair because the feeling of the hair on my neck and shoulders is very soothing and for the past two years I had short hair. I just recently discovered that short hair adds to my stress level.

Y

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:27 pm

hecate wrote:
fahreeq, did you really have your head off when you were six? ouch! 8O

I meant hair :P It went from buttcrack-length to shoulder length the weekend after my 6th birthday. I giggled and laughed through most of it. I didn't learn until many years later that my mom cried through the whole thing.

Although with all of the dumb crap I do, I feel like my head's been missing for many years. Either that, or I have an extremely early case of Alzheimer's.

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:28 pm

Yes
Cutting my hair hurts a lot. I keep it very short (1/8 inch) to minimize combing and brushing. But I do like to have my head scratched and rubbed.

Wuff.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:32 pm

I've been tender-headed since I was a baby and it hasn't helped that I'm a black girl with, well....typical kinky hair. What's worse, my mother didn't know how to comb my hair so she would yank from the roots with a comb and I'd be crying until she got done. I thought my troubles were over when I started getting my hair chemically relaxed but noooo!

As soon as the cream hit my scalp, it would start burning and before my hair could even fully process, my scalp felt like it was on fire and I was in tears. After about 10 years of half-done hair that frizzed with the slightest bit of humidity and scabs on my scalp, I started saving $40-$70 a month by quiting this medieval torture session and pressing my own hair with a straitening comb.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 8:35 pm

fahreeq wrote:
I meant hair :P

phew! :)

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 9:11 pm

The only thing that bothers me about my hair is wearing a hat. I can't stand hats! They literally give me a headache.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2005, 10:22 pm

My head didn't start itching until I read this thread. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2005, 1:06 pm

All I know is my scalp is hyper sensitive to bleach.

I've had foils from then on.. it was just too sore to leave in.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2005, 2:29 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
The only thing that bothers me about my hair is wearing a hat. I can't stand hats! They literally give me a headache.

Loosen the hat.