Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 4:42 pm

Nico wrote:
9CatMom wrote:
I enjoy Greek mythology.

Same here.
I used to take Classical Civilisation at college and we read Homer's 'The Iliad' there which was a great book.

My first passion of childhood :D When I was 6 and my mother and I were visiting my uncle, I saw on his shelf a book with Greek and Roman myths. The latter weren't equally interesting as the stories of Greek gods which were known by me by heart after some time because every time we were visiting uncle Stanislaw I demanded that book again :D My favourite god was always Hades.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 5:03 pm

I enjoy all mythologies, but the norse is my favorite. I suppose that could be because I am danish :wink:

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2008, 3:33 pm

I used to like Greek Mythology when I was 6, but after a while I got bored with it and statred to look for myths from other cultures. I like Celtic mythology best, probrably because i have a little bit of irish despite being black. I think another reason was because I was interested in the Morrigan.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 5:33 pm

I occasionally like to read Gothic/Gaetan (Beowulf), Norse, Greek (Odyssey), Slavic, Celtic, Inuit and Cree.

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm

love it! i spend hours reading about it. im primarily interested in proto-indo-european mythology, which i hope all mythology buffs are familiar with. basically its what greek, iranian, norse, celtic, roman, slavic, and hittite (among others) are all based on. one set of mythological ideas from an area north of the black sea during the very early bronze age. its from the same culture that brought us germanic, slavic, romance, baltic, celtic, greek, and hindi languages. oh and they are probably the ones that introduced the horse and wheel to europe. mesopotamian mythology is cool too, you can even trace back characters, and even the christian and jewish god, to really old myths.