Page 6 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 2:33 pm

smheath wrote:
I used to live in Raleigh and loved it, and I plan on moving back soon. It's very Aspie-friendly and one of the least "Southern" cities in the South.

That's interesting (I live in NC, too.)

smheath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Apr 2008, 8:29 pm

What part of NC?

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm

smheath wrote:
What part of NC?

The Piedmont Triad.

TheNathan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2008, 1:20 am

Have to wonder why Boston was put into the "Best" category, as Aspies have notoriously poor navigational skills and Boston's roads are positively labyrinthine. It is a nice place if you are taking the T, however, and Cambridge is beautiful.

I know from personal experience that I have a little panic attack whenever the prospect of driving into Boston comes up, though.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 8:30 am

My ideal place is a place where you will not get any dirty looks from police officers (in Texas, they're practically state-sponsored terrorists) if you don't at least pretend to be conservative.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 9:02 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
My ideal place is a place where you will not get any dirty looks from police officers (in Texas, they're practically state-sponsored terrorists) if you don't at least pretend to be conservative.

Where the hell does that happen, and how are they able to tell someone is Liberal by looking? I know some people look like they are glaring when they are really squinting against the sun light, upset about something, or their eyes are just made that way. 'sigh' a little paranoid in my oppinion, Tim. 'pat pat' Are you sure they are actualy glaring at you? I get blamed for glaring when I'm not from time to time. If I can be fasly accused, all other people can.

They are people just like us, it's just another job possition. Being fired at your job for having a liberal bumper sticker on your rear car window, and loosing in court; now that's unfair! Not to mention attitudes that aren't "freedom like" or valuable. When something like that happens, a person should speak out, not disrespect our ancestors by throwing our hands in the air and quiting. Though, I'll admit, being in a city that tolerates less power abuse is a plus.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 7:03 am

That's never actually happened to me, but I fear that it might in the future.

Maybe I should start a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage rally in front of the First Baptist Church here in Wichita Falls, to see if the pastor will call the cops on me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 09 Apr 2008, 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 7:10 am

The best city is no city.

markun
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2008, 6:25 am

I think somewhere big enough to be accepting and fairly anonymous but not too big so that it's manageable and predicatable. I live in London, although it's huge I just stay in the neighbourhoods I know and like.