Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2008, 7:12 am

Why is it that government jobs of today are looked upon as useful and the people in thoose jobs are seen as "public servants", when in reality these people just sits in an office doing NO-THING and recive a fat pay check and status in the society.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 8:30 am

grain-and-field wrote:
Why is it that government jobs of today are looked upon as useful and the people in thoose jobs are seen as "public servants", when in reality these people just sits in an office doing NO-THING and recive a fat pay check and status in the society.

Most people with government jobs don't have high pay or high status - my salary went up significantly when I left government. And I didn't do NO-THING all day, I worked for a government utility company. We delivered services essential to society. Other people in city hall included the police, the firemen, building inspectors, tourism/economic development.

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2008, 11:49 am

monty wrote:
And I didn't do NO-THING all day, I worked for a government utility company. We delivered services essential to society.

Yea, right. I could do your job with both of my hands tied behind my back, and I dont even live in the USA.

There are a few things that is important about Government jobs.

1) Get a pay check

2) Having someplace to spend your days

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 12:33 pm

grain-and-field wrote:
monty wrote:
And I didn't do NO-THING all day, I worked for a government utility company. We delivered services essential to society.

Yea, right. I could do your job with both of my hands tied behind my back, and I dont even live in the USA.

There are a few things that is important about Government jobs.

1) Get a pay check

2) Having someplace to spend your days

ROFL - you are too funny, dude!

BTW, do you live in India?

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2008, 12:54 pm

monty wrote:

ROFL - you are too funny, dude!

BTW, do you live in India?

No, I live in Sweeeeden, eu. I hate the people here, I guess US people are slightly nicer to deal with.

But you gotta agree with me about the government jobs, You sitt in an, often ugly, office and eat stuff and drink coffe all day long. I mean, lets stick to the truth here.....

monty
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 1:04 pm

Partly true. I have been drinking coffee all day since I was 21 or 22. No one told me to stop when I left government. ;)

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2008, 10:08 am

monty wrote:
Partly true. I have been drinking coffee all day since I was 21 or 22. No one told me to stop when I left government. ;)

well, coffe is nice. So why would you stop?

BesideYouInTime
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2008, 10:09 am

grain-and-field wrote:

Get rid of all those people and watch how fast society grinds to a halt.