Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mellow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2005, 12:43 pm

Hi,
If you're a fan of the X-Files, please share your favorite episode.
Mine? Well, I'd say Memento Mori. (The episode where Scully is diagnosed with cancer.)

Please feel free to share your favorite!!
Mellow

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 10:32 pm

There must be more X-Files fans here! I haven't watched it in years however, so I can't claim a favorite.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 1:17 am

I always liked the episode where the scene with the robber blowing up the bank with Mulder and Scully plays over and over again from the perspective of the girl outside, until she finally changes things. It made my head hurt, but it certainly grabbed the attention.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 11:09 am

Oh, cool thread. I got interested in the X-Files probably about Season 5, so I was lucky to be able to go back and watch the early stuff on DVD in the full.

My favourite episode is the comedy one: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space"

It still cracks me up, the stuff about lord kobolt from the centre of the earth and the alien in the cell who keeps repeating 'this is not happening' over and over.

I have alot of other favourite episodes, probably too many to share in detail on here heh.

mellow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2005, 12:40 pm

Hi everyone!
Jose Chung From Outer Space and the one centered in the bank are great episodes. I also like the one about the snake handlers!! It was creepy but I loved it!!

Here's another question, which one do you more identify with, Mulder or Scully? Or in other words are you a believer or a skeptic?? I'd say I'm more like Scully, however, there's some Mulder rationale to me too.

Mellow

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 11:31 pm

Jose Chun is from out space, is a good one. but My all time favrite is D.P.O it's the one about the kid who can make lightening. I just loven it. I think his name is Darren Oswald can't remember. It also has jack black. and I love the Episode when Mulder finds out what happened to his sister, because it's so sad. and the episode in the first seaon, with the little girl who I believe was posessed.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 11:31 pm

who do I identify with? Mulder.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 9:24 am

I never really watched it too much. Of the ones I saw that I liked the most was the crossover they did with COPS.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 12:07 am

oh. I really didn't like that episode. it was off-base and weird... :?

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 12:41 am

I think by Season 7, the conspiracy had kind of died out completely and they were trying alot of new things. I didn't mind X-Cops, it was alright. I'm watching the DVDs again and up to Season 8. At first I didn't like Doggett but now he's kind of growing on me so to speak. I should see a doctor...

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Nov 2005, 12:43 am

I like the episodes w/ the lone gunmen.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 8:58 am

alex wrote:
I like the episodes w/ the lone gunmen.

yeah, first appeared in 'E.B.E.' and were ****** *** in 'Jump The Shark'. Probably my favourite episode with them was 'The Unusual Suspects', where it shows how they initially got together back in 1989.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 7:31 pm

I'm an X-Phile!! !! !! ! I have all the seasons on DVD, plus the movie, as well as seaons 6 through 9 on recorded VHS and the VHS semi-seasons 1-4 that they released.

My favorites (cause I've never been able to choose #1):

1. Post-Modern Prometheus- 5th season

2. How the Ghosts Stole Christmas- 6th season

3. Millenium- 7th season

And Humbug and Eve are a close runners-up. :D :D :D

(And speaking of X-Files, I just put on The Calusari-- another good one.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 11:23 pm

yeah i got all the eps on DVD too. I'm up to Vienen in Season 8 as i'm rewatching them all.

Post-Modern Prometheus was good, I like the whole reimagining of Frankenstein aspect. And of course, the Cher music that comes on repeatedly. Maybe we should compile a list of the top 20 episodes or something.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 4:07 pm

mjs82 wrote:
yeah i got all the eps on DVD too. I'm up to Vienen in Season 8 as i'm rewatching them all.

Awwww... I'm only on The Calusari. I need to get watchin'.

mjs82 wrote:
Maybe we should compile a list of the top 20 episodes or something.

I like that idea. :D Of course the ones that I listed ealier are all on my list. I also enjoyed Hollywood AD. Unusual Suspects I vote for as well. D.P.O. and I also liked both the Donny Faster episodes. Triangle was good. Um...

I'll have to be thinking of some more. But that's the start of my list. :D

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

mellow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2005, 5:27 pm

hello fellow abductees!!
We've clearly been abducted by the show! I used to love it when FX used to run all day marathons based on voters choice!! Yeah, even though I've got all the seasons!! Right now I've been busy watching season 6&7. I have two versions of the movie!! One is Dolby Digital and the other is DTS. I prefer DTS to Dolby Digital anything!! Does anyone notice a difference in the surround with DTS versus Dolby Digital mixes on this movie?? I think the DTS version has more punch to it.

Another favorite episode is the one where Mulder and Scully go to Florida for an FBI thing and get stuck in the woods. I'll be back later when I remember the name of the episode.
Mellow