Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2005, 7:03 pm

Never saw the TV series, but I enjoyed the movie. The story was a bit cliched and didn't do much for me, but it was the action/fight scenes and pretty animated special effects more than anything that made the movie what it was. That, and the excellent soundtrack. I didn't like the main character because she didn't do much other than cheer the handsome young hero on. And save the world, but... 'with her heart'? Sorry, cheap cliches like that don't do much for me. But I liked how psychopathic Dilandau was, tho' it annoyed me that in the dub he sounded like a twelve-year old trying to sound crazy, whereas the Japanese voice actor did a good job of making it seem that he actually -was- crazy.
Another thing: the artwork. Alright, the character designs were sort of Pinnochio-nosed, but the way lighting was used was superb. I loved how bright the Abaharaki village was in contrast to the gloom of Lord Falcon's palace. Lord Falcon would be a great character to cosplay as, btw.

Grievous
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2005, 9:58 pm

I loved the series and the movie mainly for the villians, because they are usually my favorites in science fiction or fantasy books or movies. The music was good too, especially "Dance of Curse", which I finally found online.

animefreak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2005, 8:19 pm

Yupa wrote:
Never saw the TV series, but I enjoyed the movie. The story was a bit cliched and didn't do much for me, but it was the action/fight scenes and pretty animated special effects more than anything that made the movie what it was. That, and the excellent soundtrack. I didn't like the main character because she didn't do much other than cheer the handsome young hero on. And save the world, but... 'with her heart'? Sorry, cheap cliches like that don't do much for me. But I liked how psychopathic Dilandau was, tho' it annoyed me that in the dub he sounded like a twelve-year old trying to sound crazy, whereas the Japanese voice actor did a good job of making it seem that he actually -was- crazy.
Another thing: the artwork. Alright, the character designs were sort of Pinnochio-nosed, but the way lighting was used was superb. I loved how bright the Abaharaki village was in contrast to the gloom of Lord Falcon's

palace. Lord Falcon would be a great character to cosplay as, btw.

The Movie was good but the series is alot better you need to see it to completely understand the movie because the movie is based on the series not the other way around

Last edited by animefreak on 18 Nov 2005, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2005, 9:36 pm

i loved the movie especially the dragon armors and the character allen even though he looks somewhat like sephiroth.

never seen the series never will cause they made allen look like crap trust me i've seen what he looks like and i'm not pleased

animefreak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2005, 10:19 am

Jetfox wrote:
i loved the movie especially the dragon armors and the character allen even though he looks somewhat like sephiroth.

never seen the series never will cause they made allen look like crap trust me i've seen what he looks like and i'm not pleased

did anybody tell you not to judge a book by its cover 8)

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 4:10 pm

sorry i can't help that i like the character to much to see him drawn differently that and i don't know what chanel it plays on or i would watch it to see what it's like. ^^;

animefreak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2005, 8:58 pm

Jetfox wrote:
sorry i can't help that i like the character to much to see him drawn differently that and i don't know what chanel it plays on or i would watch it to see what it's like. ^^;

But to truly understand the movie you need to watch to series :)

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 9:14 pm

Jetfox wrote:

Well, then, try and see if you can rent or buy the series on DVD, since I don't think it's showing on TV anymore.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2005, 10:29 pm

so it would make more sense ok cool.

or i could download it *evil laughter*
ansem: you won't.
seph: believe me she would.
torch: yep.
torch is my character just so you know.
allen: you like taking advantage of your huge hard drive right.
jet: right.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2005, 8:55 am

Ive not seen it, but peeple say its good.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>