Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2005, 3:06 am

I love to dance, and I am a quick learner. I love to waltz, country two step, and cha-cha....I love dancing and spinning in circles. I feel so free, and can feel the person I am dancing with more than just speaking......Anyone think that you can really feel a persons feeling and heart more when your dancing with them rather than just talking?

I feel I speak my heart more to that special person more when I am dancing in their arms.....is this possible?

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2005, 4:30 am

I thnink u may be right I offten feal that way

Liadain
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2005, 4:33 am

I think if I learned to dance in specific styles I would really love it, because I hate the modern trend of shaking booties and bumping and grinding and improvising (mainly because I'm bad at it and look ridiculous when I do it). When I was a kid I danced a bit in stage productions and my favorite was the Charleston. I love flapper-style dances.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 5:05 am

i dance as often as possible - don't do waltzes and that sort of stuff, more a combination of ballet, jazz, freeform, arabic and indian dancing.

Liadain
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2005, 5:34 am

Oh! Although I hate most modern dancing, I have to say that I love krumping. When I am hyper and feeling like I need to release some aggression I do something very similar, and didn't have a name for it until I saw krumpers on television one day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krumping

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 7:25 am

I like to dance, but am not very good at it.

I mostly dance to music at home, or in night clubs.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 9:51 am

Yes, badly.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 10:57 am

I used to square dance and contra dance quite a lot. Part of why I stopped was that I didn't enjoy it unless my partner was someone I liked and enjoyed ebign touched by, and there were often people I hated touching!!

Dancing did not come naturally for me- I am a total clutz and very awkward usually, but in time I became very good and itr was very helpful with prorioception (sp) tellign left from right, and basic body awareness and space from other people.

I should probably take it up again...if only it could be done to something oother than Country Western music!!

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 11:28 am

I've tap-danced since the age of 3 (so 13 years now :D ) which has been good because my balance is rubbish. If I didn't dance I'm certain my balance would be worse than it is now. Yay tap-dancing :D And we don't dance with partners, so it's good in that respect too :)

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 1:44 pm

I like to dance does not mean I'm any good at it.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 2:34 pm

I like to dance...kind of...I like to dance to gothic music and 2 of my friends taught me how to dance to country and rap...I like gothic music better though.

-SpaceCase :(

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 2:42 pm

In world of warcraft i dance so sexy that people'll give me money.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 6:40 pm

Yes. My entire life seems to revolve around dance.

I started taking pre-ballet classes when I was 3. When I was 7, I started formal ballet training. I stopped taking ballet when I was 16, but every so often I still take barre. I started jazz when I was 6 and stopped at 15. I started tap when I was 3, stopped when I was 12, and I just recently started taking it again this fall at 18.

My mum was a professional ballet dancer. She was with Ballet Victoria, Sydney City Ballet, and Australian Ballet. Later, she was a ballet mistress for a professional company in the US. My father was also a professional dancer. He danced for Disney On Parade and the musical 'A Chorus Line'. Also, my mum's grandfather was a ballroom dancer, and I have some of his medals from a waltz competition.

They own a ballet school now, and my mum is the artistic director of a pre-professional ballet company that consists of 13-18 year olds (I used to dance in the company).

I don't dance anymore, but I still love ballet. I am planning on becoming a ballet historian.

By the way, I am writing this post while I am sitting at the ballet studio.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 7:27 pm

Yeah, I like to dance. I've been taking classes for two years by now, at a dance studio near my house. When I first started going there, I deliberately picked one in another neighborhood, even though there was a dance school within walking distance from my house. I've tried ballroom, swing, latin, and even hip-hop. I experimented with many different dances, but ended up liking West Coast Swing the best. But recently, I've been getting into Merengue, 'cause it seems like a really fun dance (and it's a high-contact dance, which is good if your partner is someone you like :wink: ). Anyways, I've had girls tell me I'm a good dancer, which is really flattering, 'cause until very recently, all the compliments I got were about my intelligence.

Dej
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2005, 7:58 pm

To all the guys, if you want a girl to fall in love with you, dance with her. It gets them every time.......and not the hip hop dance either. I mean real waltz, swing, salsa, cha-cha etc.....every girl loves a man that can dance.

A man that can dance touches my heart every time.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2005, 8:05 pm

"I won't dance, don't ask me... I won't dance, don't ask me... I won't dance with you, Madame..."

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/