Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 1:26 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Yep. I even turn it into conversations with my imaginary friends. @_@
Well, at least you didn't assimilate those different "personalities" into your being like I did. I'm not even sure which me is typing this right now 8O .

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 1:51 pm

I certainly talk with someone... or more like, a voice answered me back if I allow it.

That's where I get my best and most creative ideas and informations from.

It also remembers me of dates, what I thought of earlier, what I might consider doing...

I can make it shut up and then, I do not hear it anymore. But I cannot manipulate it and cannot control it at all. It's the very same 'conversationalist' I had since childhood. (But back then, I didn't answer back.) Very cheeky and meek personality, fits me well. We agree almost always.

It's weird. Oh well, without it I would be even more scatterbrained and distractable. It's very advantageous to have.

The only thing unnerving is, that when it 'talks', it's hard to remember it did. That the idea wasn't mine... or, well, it was, of course... but... gosh, this is complicated.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

It's "normal" to hear your own thoughts isn't it?

There only seems to be the voice of one person in my head at a time - but the voice tends to use the pronoun "We" rather than "I".

I can chose what voice or accent the thoughts are in though e.g. substitute the voice of actors (male or female) at will, though I tend to use my own voice most of the time. Is that normal? Does it matter?

I just tried thinking using John Wayne's voice - it "sounded" quite funny. :lol:

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 3:39 pm

TallyMan wrote:
It's "normal" to hear your own thoughts isn't it?

There only seems to be the voice of one person in my head at a time - but the voice tends to use the pronoun "We" rather than "I".

I can chose what voice or accent the thoughts are in though e.g. substitute the voice of actors (male or female) at will, though I tend to use my own voice most of the time. Is that normal? Does it matter?

I just tried thinking using John Wayne's voice - it "sounded" quite funny. :lol:

Yea the voice in my head are different too.

Andyb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

Yup.

If I ignore them I will lose control of the conversation, especially at 2AM...

They become so real at times that I have to tell myself (us?) that this is all in my head.

But it can be fun as well, some times I will live other, distinct lives out in my head, from birth to the end. I've led some good ones too. :D

tybald
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2008, 7:37 pm

Amazing. Its like you're psychic!

jade10025
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2008, 7:40 pm

All the time! Sometimes full conversations are going on in my brain. And full dialogues with people not there or sometimes fictional people, saying things I could never get out of my head and said properly in real life. It can be quite annoying when there are other things I need to be focusing on.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:44 pm

I sometimes debate with myself when I have to make a decision or when I'm troubled.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:44 pm

I have an inner dialog going on in my head, all the time. That's how I know that I'm still alive.

AS4Life
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2008, 9:41 pm

heh, i can't keep my "inner dialogue" in my head too much work. So as a way to process things i usually find a secluded place and engage in self talk. Gotta monitor it though... some times the topics i go over with myself can be lead to angry outbursts. But i do go over story plots in my head, playing them like they where a movie and i provide all the dialogue. Helps out when i'm coming up with stuff for animation.

Deus_Imperator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Apr 2008, 10:44 pm

Yep. Two very distinct entities that are separate from "me."

There are also many others that are not the same. The two other primary entities are Ezekiel and Ulfgar, they won't shut up. (And in truth I'd be very lonely if they did). All the others are like the "imaginary friends" that most people talk about, where I can silence them if I have to, but otherwise just leave them be.

Ezekiel and Ulfgar always talk to me and tell me what to do. Not overly fond of Ezekiel, though he can come up with some good advice depending on the situation. I like Ulfgar though - he's awesome :D

Interesting note. When speaking I usually say "we" whereas when writing I say "I"
Makes you think, doesn't it?

cas
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2008, 10:46 pm

No, I've experienced nothing like that. I guess this is the other side of visual-auditory thinking from that explored in previous threads.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 1:07 am

All the time, it's basically me having a conversation with me. And sometimes one half happens out loud, when I think no ones around.

ChatBrat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 1:56 am

Yes! All the time! Sometimes it is just one voice, but a lot of the time there are a lot of voices, noises, music, nonsense, and it all overlaps each other.

Wistaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2008, 2:43 am

I do it all the time, usually it's monologues or mock conversations (with a real or hypothetical person in mind, not in the MPD sense). The method is especially useful for mulling things over in my head and basically reminding myself to keep my mouth shut; In most situations I'm using it as a measuring tool for defining whether or not I should make a post online, and the answer is rarely ever 'yes'. :wink:

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2008, 4:12 pm

All of the time. I hold speeches or monologues in my mind, which I think no one in real life would listen to. It often has to do with a subject I have strong feelings about, or some new idea I've got. Sometimes It's more like a lecture at school, where I throughly explain something for a nonexistant audience. 8)

I also "thinks loud" very often, but only when I thinks no one can hear me. Sometimes I mistakenly thinks I'm alone, and starts speaking. This had led to a number of slightly embarrassing moments. What I say is often nothing that would make any sense, and often not complete sentences. It's like parts of my thoughts slips out through my mouth. :wink: I sometimes sing or hum by myself as well, but that's a bit more normal after all, I guess.