IS YOUR Personality strong or do you not have one?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 11:38 am

thatrsdude wrote:
There's no such thing as not having a personality, unless your dead. 'Not having a personality' is a personality in itself.

T-rue.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 11:41 am

I'd say that I do have a Strong Personality. A strong Swinger Type one. I've been obsessed with the 1960s since I was 14. I've always liked stripes polka dots and groovy textures, even long before Austin Powers came into the world. I've also always been a groovy dancer. Everything that I say, do, wear or listen to has a Swingning 60s flavour to it. The more Loud something is, the more likely I am to wear it. I've also had the same mop of hair for 10 years. Groovy, Baby! :P

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 11:58 am

I have a pretty strong personality sometimes, but occasionally it gets tired, and I have to give it a rest. I take my personality to a day spa where it can relax, and I just continue through my day and pick up my personality when I'm done with my classes and other obligations. It works nicely. Unfortunately, when my personality is in for a little rest and relaxation, I tend to have a completely blank look on my face, and I don't respond to anything happening around me.

Sometimes I like to try a different personality, and I can because I upgraded my personality loader from the version 1.0 included by default with all Homo sapiens sapiens. Version 2.0 is great, guys; you can download new personalities off the Internet much as you can download new themes for Windows XP. Some of my favorite personalities au moment are the hyperactive, defunct rock star and the painfully pedantic twit.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 12:23 pm

i have far too much for my own good...

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 12:35 pm

Yep, me too.

I've been asked to e-mail rather then meet face-to-face one of the other managers in my office when we need to talk. He gets overwhelmed by my personality when we talk in person. :roll:

Ghosthunter says I come across as warm and fuzzy in writing most of the time but that I have an iron core that isn't too far under the surface. GH meant it as a compliement. My ex- has said something similar. The ex- didn't mean it as a compliement. :lol:

BeeBee

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 12:47 pm

I have too much personality for my own good. My personality is strong, dynamic, and unmistakeable.....kind of like Mexican food farts.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2005, 12:54 pm

I too tend to adapt my personality to suit who I'm with- but probably most people, AS or not, do this. Mary Renault called it "cutting and fitting oneself a special personality to oblige" someone else. And I don't take on personality traits that are completely foreign to me. I just emphasise some and downplay others, depending on who I'm with.

At bottom, though, I have quite a strong personality. I'm stubborn as a mule and enjoy a good argument.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 1:06 pm

rhubarbpluscustard wrote:
I too tend to adapt my personality to suit who I'm with- but probably most people, AS or not, do this. Mary Renault called it "cutting and fitting oneself a special personality to oblige" someone else. And I don't take on personality traits that are completely foreign to me. I just emphasise some and downplay others, depending on who I'm with.

At bottom, though, I have quite a strong personality. I'm stubborn as a mule and enjoy a good argument.

I'm stubborn as a mule, but I'm not so good at arguing (unless I have time to compose my argument on paper.)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2005, 2:13 pm

I don’t know if I have a strong personalty or not ? I can not find a friend who will help me analyse my self fore hours on end and that’s what I need to make an informed decision about anything tho I do know I take on other peoples personalty but I also thing I an a distinctive person in my views but a lot of the reasons I am distinctive is because of my varies neuroses and disorders . *pants for breath* I think I will stop now and just except the unknown.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 4:16 pm

I suppose I do have a strong personality, in that I'm not easily browbeaten, somewhat inflexible, articulate and tend to make an impression on people for better or worse. I think most people wear different masks for different situations; ours just don't fit as well with the situations often. :?

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 6:04 pm

I've never thought about that in my life...

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 9:29 pm

There is no personality

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2005, 9:48 pm

TheBladeRoden wrote:
There is no personality

I believe your personality possesses characteristics of the phallic stage. The "blade" of your moniker is the highly visible bulbous region of your avatar. I have seen Maddox's description of just such a silhouette before (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=uscc_part1). I would provide a link here, but I imagine it would better belong in the Mature discussion forum.