Asperger's teen pleads guilty to cyber crime

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 11:10 am

Actually what I think is not related to his having AS Ive felt the same way with other hacker cases.

I don't think the penalty should be any worse for hacking than for any other crime. and I dislike how they sensationalize the crime because it involves computers. I don';t think it is fair to bar this man form computers for the rest of his life or to throw him in prison for a very long time. perhaps some time is warranted but I would rather see him reformed and put to good use with his skills than to be cast away forever and not allowed to ever work in the possibly one area he will ever be good at in his life sometimes these people are restricted from even using a cash register because the lawmakers are stupid. look at what kevin mitnick or bernie S had go through for some good examples.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:32 am

Betzalel wrote:
Actually what I think is not related to his having AS Ive felt the same way with other hacker cases.

I don't think the penalty should be any worse for hacking than for any other crime. and I dislike how they sensationalize the crime because it involves computers. I don';t think it is fair to bar this man form computers for the rest of his life or to throw him in prison for a very long time. perhaps some time is warranted but I would rather see him reformed and put to good use with his skills than to be cast away forever and not allowed to ever work in the possibly one area he will ever be good at in his life sometimes these people are restricted from even using a cash register because the lawmakers are stupid. look at what kevin mitnick or bernie S had go through for some good examples.

I don't have much sympathy for the likes of Kevin Mitnick. I just don't believe in coddling criminals. When the life of a registered sex-offender is "destroyed" by the courts, my concern is for the welfare of his victims. Paris Hilton did not enjoy being in jail but maybe that's where she belonged.

Crime with no punishment is a recipe for anarchy.

Betzalel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2008, 11:37 am

I didn't say there should be none. just that I think the computer crime punishments are excessive most of the time.

I don't think most computer crime punishments fit the crime at all.

I also think its stupid to compare them to sex offenders.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:06 pm

He committed a crime, But I feel so good, that an aspie did something...so SMART!

mojo123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2008, 4:08 pm

Kevin Mitnick now runs a computer security consultancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick

mojo123

Coffee is an important stimulant required for operator alertness in the morning.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 5:57 pm

slowmutant wrote:
This reminds me of black culture and its self-congratulatory attitude towards crime and depravity. And their lame defense -"Racism!"- is no better than yours.

"Crime" is simply something that they make a law against. and "depravity" is a POV

Quote:
If that computer guy had been NT, would you still have applauded his criminal behaviour?

I would have applauded his skills, I remember the hacker's manifesto. this is their world. not so supportive of the destruction

I'm not so supportive of laws that regulate the internet (Except net neutrality)