Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

hi again i never really post here and haven't in a while, but i just got fired

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

that sux. what job did you do and why did you get fired?

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:47 pm

Hope you find something better soon

DavidH
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 3:47 pm

i wrked at Wendys a fast food restaurant, last friday i had one of those awful days, i paniced and just left. i called monday and they thad to discuss it with another boss. i called today and was told i was fired.

Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 3:56 pm

Well, yeah. You can't leave work for something like that. If you panic at work (which I do sometimes myself) you should take a 10 minute break, all employers are required to give their employees one. It's too bad this had to happen, but you'll learn from it and get a new job I'm sure.

You could also appeal your firing to corporate, but leaving during a shift is pretty bad news.

DavidH
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 4:03 pm

yeah i know i told him both times i talked to him that i was wrong and sorry. i had never done this before though. several of my co-workers were worried about me too. my boss is new it was his second day when this happened i think if he knew me better he wouldn't have fired me. i worked at Wendys for almost 9 years too. i don't know where to start to find a new job. this is the only one i have ever had.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:15 pm

After 9 years, you should have no problem getting a better job in retail at a quieter place.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2008, 4:28 pm

Yeah, 9 years is a solid record. This is just a blip on the screen. Put in applications everywhere you can think of and stay as positive as you can.

DavidH
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2008, 4:43 pm

thank you for your support, i feel awful like i can't do anything right.

Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2008, 2:37 pm

You held a job for 9 years, you can do things right, don't say something like that.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

14 Apr 2008, 2:12 pm

I've been fired 3 or 4 times and quit in advance of it maybe 2 other times. All of these times except one happened over 20 years ago, and I have a couple of amusing anecdotes from then, but those funny stories came with a cost. Now could be an opportunity to get a higher paying job or go to college/trade school for better skills. I hope you land on your feet. :)

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 2:28 pm

funny, I was actually thinking about applying at Wendy's

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 2:29 pm

oh, and you're supposed to end bad news threads with,

"but I do have some good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico"

ocelot1962
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2008, 11:21 am

I don't want to answer your distress with a platitude like "They did you a favor" or "When one door closes, another one opens." I hate it when people use platitudes like that. But, that being said, you really do need to move on.

Nine years at Wendy's? Ugh! When I was 16, I worked at a Wendy's for one single day. I couldn't take it. I can't think of a worse job for an Aspie.

Take this time off to go back to school, even if you don't know what to major in. I've discovered that schools are healing places, and you need healing. They will help you articulate what's going on inside and outside of you, and they'll help you figure out what else you can do--something that you're better at, something that pays more than Wendy's. Also, register at the school's disabiltiy office as an Aspie. Public and privite schools worth attending have resources for people like us.

Let me know what you think.

David

aninimous
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2008, 1:42 am

You might have grounds to fight your termination if you worked there for nine years. Don't you have to be written up three times?

MetalManiaInc
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2008, 3:36 pm

DavidH I'm sorry that you got fired, especially when you were working for 9 years. To be honest with the lot of you in this forum, I've only had one job and I got fired. I worked at a private golf course it was called Bayview Golf and Country Club a couple of summers ago, and I worked there part time for nearly 4 months as a backshope employee, from May 24th to September 12th. The people I worked with were in the backshop were good, except for one, he was a bit of a cocksucker who talked a lot of s**t. But answering the phone a lot and saying "backshop (name) speaking", was a total b***h because you were interrupted while cleaning golf clubs. I got fired from my job because my boss freaked out over golf clubs not being thoroughly clean and I was misunderstood and I didn't know what to do, and plus I ate dinner and I got back 15 mins later before this incident occured. Then the next week I was told by one of the guys, who I thought was very pleasant, that it was my last shift, and I was shocked, in disbelief, and I felt like I was going to burst into tears because getting fired breaks your heart, and that's what I felt was heartbreak. But last year, after I got screwed out of a few job opportunities, I worked with my dad painting houses, and it was good because he thought I did a great job and he was pleased with my work ethic. So that's what I've been doing currently is working with my dad, though I'm hoping to get a job sometime soon, one that doesn't involve me cutting my hair and shaving my beard, because I like to wear my hair long and wear a goatee.