Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

20 Apr 2008, 9:05 am

Johnnie wrote:
The war ended years ago when the Iraq Army was defeated and the prior Iraq government ceased to exsist. Now it's just a police action.

I guess, you are right about that. Perhaps the US forces should move out of the country then?

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 9:35 am

Johnnie wrote:
Quote:
Nobel-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz says.

Gore & Arafrat got Noble prises also. :lol: Economist opinions are like a dime a dozen, they all have one and many of them are wrong.

They didn't get their Nobel prizes in economics, duh. In any case, do you have a response that is not an ad hominem attack?

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:03 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Quote:

Gore & Arafrat got Noble prises also. :lol: Economist opinions are like a dime a dozen, they all have one and many of them are wrong.

If you believe one so called war in the middle of decades of disfunctional government is really going to affect the american way of life, there is nothing I can say to change your mind.

What has been spent in the last 30 years and what will be spent in the next 30 years by our federal,state & local governments totally dwarfs the little so called war exspense.

If you believe the economy was in fine shape before Bush took office, not likely i could convince you the lines of container ships coming into our ports was going to have a major effect at some point reguardless of who became president. If you believe the money flowing out of social security wasn't going to have the same effect if Gore became president, you truely live in a fantasy world and little chance I'm going to change your mind.

Quote:
A trillion dollars could have hired 15 million additional public school teachers for a year or provided 43 million students with four-year scholarships to public universities, the book says.

we currently spend $1 trillion on education and most of it is wasted now, so pissing away more money would produce nothing but more idiots who think they know something.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mttimus1A.htm

5 billion barrles of oil imported at $100 equals $500 billion a year and what would the cost be if saddam was still in power and sinking oil tankers for kicks ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 87_pf.html

Quote:
Saddam, looking over his 30-year history, very clearly was giving evidence of moving towards controlling the Straits of Hormuz,

what would you guess the cost of some sunken oil tankers would be, the lack of supply, the removal of some ships to move future supply and the enviromental damage caused would all add up to way more than the so called war is costing. By the way, the war ended years ago when the Iraq Army was defeated and the prior Iraq government ceased to exsist. Now it's just a police action in a bad neighborhood protecting the oil supplies and really a bargain considering what the price of oil would be if the mad men in the middle east had their way.

prove it 8)

Encyclopedia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2008, 2:20 pm

matsuiny2004 wrote:
prove it 8)
Johnnie provided references, what more do you want? Prove what specifically? Did you even read the post? Quoting the whole thing and saying "prove it" sounds like a cop-out.

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:13 pm

Encyclopedia wrote:
matsuiny2004 wrote:
prove it 8)
Johnnie provided references, what more do you want? Prove what specifically? Did you even read the post? Quoting the whole thing and saying "prove it" sounds like a cop-out.

he only proved one quote

Fred2670
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2008, 3:37 pm

Look this is real easy

FACT

After the Clinton presidency there was a surplus

FACT

After the Bush presidency there will be record debt

Take these two facts and draw your own conclusions
but know that there is no such thing as an inability to
do so, only an unwillingness to admit the truth by the
(insert your favorite expletives here) GOP

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:25 am

pbcoll wrote:
Johnnie wrote:
Quote:

They didn't get their Nobel prizes in economics, duh. In any case, do you have a response that is not an ad hominem attack?

duh they pass out the prizes to anyone, so big deal if some economist guy got one.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 8:28 am

Fred2670 wrote:
Look this is real easy

FACT

After the Clinton presidency there was a surplus

FACT

After the Bush presidency there will be record debt

Take these two facts and draw your own conclusions
but know that there is no such thing as an inability to
do so, only an unwillingness to admit the truth by the
(insert your favorite expletives here) GOP

you don't have the ability to see the bigger picture, the clintoon scam economy was already blowing up before he left office. Thank God Al Gore wasn't appointed president or we would have been really screwed.