Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 5:53 pm

Several things here...

I woke up several times last night. My roomate gets back in at 2:30 in the morning waking me up when he turns on the light. After he gets back to bed, I have a dream where I want to know what time it is. So what do I do? I wake myself up to look at the clock above my head. Then at 6:30 in the morning my roomate starts talking loudly in his sleep waking me up for the third and final time.

I get up and go to breakfast, then to science class. Physical geography is boring. I already know about kanes, eskers, and moraines. After that I went to history class where I had my first test of the year. Halfway through the test, the text on paper begins to shimmer and melt and I have to squint to even finish out the test.

Having managed to complete the test, I got out and went to my final class of the day. While waiting outside the door for the previous class to finish, I make a social gaffe and look stupid in the process. An hour later while walking back to my dorm, I see someone I know, and I manage to make another social gaffe, this time drawing looks from people passing by.

Get back to my room and my roomate asks me if I can take his laundry out of the dryers downstairs since he has to be someplace when it gets done. I agree to do so and at 4pm I head downstairs. On the dryers is printed a big warning

Residents must empty the lint traps on the dryers after each use. Residents not doing so will be subject to fines under the UW Fire Code

Now, I'm use to the one on the dryer we have at home where I pull it out of a little door in the top of the machine. But this one is inside the door, and I have no idea how to remove it. I yank and pull on it every which way for five minutes until I realize it's bolted into the door and all I have to do is scoop out the lint and throw it away.

So that's done and I go to dinner, that's goes peacefully until I'm putting my empty tray on the carousel. Someone on the other side drops a tray making a huge crash which knocks me into an altered state for a fews seconds while my brain reset itself.

I make my way back to my room and lay down to rest. No sooner than I do so the fire alarm goes off. I try and make my way outside to designated waiting area. For some reason they have a fire alarm signal in the stairwell of my dorm, and the noise it makes is amplified at least 5 times in the stairwell leaving my in agony along the way.

So... One bad day out of 25 isn't bad. Last year at this time I think I had 5.

jb814
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2005, 7:01 pm

Don't think I could cope with anything near that now. Hope tomorrow is better for you, sorry multiply that into tomorrows.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 7:22 pm

Scoots5012 wrote:
So... One bad day out of 25 isn't bad. Last year at this time I think I had 5.

Improvement on last year then eh? Chin up Scoots, it'll soon be vacation time. :)

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 7:57 pm

Yes, glad to hear you haven't had more of those days. It's an absolute and unfortunate requirement that everyone gets at least one of those once in awhile.

Come to think of it, my day was pretty crappy on Thursday and into Friday. :?

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/