Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sim
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:44 am

I always knew what I wanted to do. Something technical, highly technical, because I was always analyzing, enumerating, counting, etc., so my decision came from an early childhood obsession.

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2008, 12:50 pm

This isn't going to be much help, but I've always known. I've wanted to be a fiction writer since the age of 10, and I'm making good progress studying Fiction in college...yes, we have a specific curriculum focusing on fiction--and one for poetry, too.

I would eventually like to go to grad school and study something more specialized...most likely linguistics or etymology.

Hero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 May 2008, 4:26 pm

Well Neopix gave good enough advice I think. It's not entirely true in all cases, but it is certainly helpful for anyone who is confused.

For me, I have and always will know my ultimate goal, and certain specific goals below that. Whether I achieve them or not is an entirely different story. However, my relentless nature to pursue them will never damper. They are my one true passion.

The passion to pursue goals one might never complete. I can see no purer...no greater...or truer decision than that. To dedicate oneself entirely to an idea even at the risk of failure.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 5:19 pm

I am still trying to figure out my purpose.

I do have an idea as to what my purpose would involve, but not to what the purpose itself is.

I seek adventure, but don't want to major in anything that is too rigorous or would take too long to finish.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!