Never imagined it would be so simple.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 4:58 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
Instinct huh? Interesting... :chin:

Never imagined it would be so simple.

I don't think it is. After all, my instinct would be something along the lines of "OhgodohgodohgodneedtogetawayneedtohideohgodohgodohgodI'mbeingtouchedohgodohgod", so it can't be that easy :P

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 11:45 pm

Practice makes perfect. Or at least somewhat better.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2008, 6:50 am

I think I can add something to this - the first 5 or 10 seconds should just be lips.

Then if you want to go for a french kiss, try to stick the tongue out towards the other, but not past their teeth - just put it out there a little bit and bring it back in again.

If their tongue tries the same (or you're sure they would have, if they weren't so shy), try it again, a little further.

Ideally both people should try this move simultaneously after a few warm up tries, and the tongues find each other and try twisting round each other a bit, but still retreating back into their owners' mouths every little while (this aids breathing and stops tongue-strain - yes it's possible). These take-back-tongue moments are often the time to tilt your head the other way if you feel like it.

This may not be exactly how everyone else likes it - and it's clearly not what your average severely intoxicated straight male will do - they seem to try to suffocate the girl with their booze-tasting tongue - but I think it's a good starting tactic. Details should be worked out with the partner at the time.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 12:30 pm

Some good advice given, particularly about it coming natural. It may seem daunting initially but once it's begun it's quite easy. You can even follow the other person slightly without being too obvious, particularly with tongues.
I'm not too sure about the holding back on tongue bit though - I've only ever had 1 girl not like it from the begining. Maybe it's a social-geographical thing as everyone advising against is in the US, any Brit girls want to advise on that one?

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:13 am

It's really just instinct. Even if you haven't kissed before, it will come very naturally. Exactly how you'd expect to feel during a kiss, what you'd expect to be doing.

It takes practice, too. Just don't smoke a cigarette beforehand or eat something gross-tasting (garlic, onions, etc). definitely don't slobber everywhere. And when you're going to use tongue, be modest about it at first - my ex-boyfriend used to jam his tongue in my mouth where it would go crazy, which was kind of unpleasant.

Take initiative, but be shy at the same time. The rest should come naturally. Good luck!

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 10:06 pm

TRUE STORY!! !!
im not kidding! this really happened. in kindergarden, 1999 in my backyard with my friend who was a girl named rachel, well 3 TIMES YA! really, its automatic. u do it correctly if u just well, do it. first time it was with the lips, second i got tounge (she taught me that), third it was with the lips.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 11:11 pm

I would imagine it to be instinctual... I'm looking forward to it someday.

There's a documentary on kissing out there that I watched on Stage6 when it was still around. It pretty much covered the same sort of things others have said here. It did have some interesting ideas, like this one girl on it had a way of practicing her kisses on on her closed hand. The top knuckle of the index finger served as a upper lip and the broad joint of the thumb served as a lower lip and can open and close them like a pair of lips. You could stick the thumb of the other hand through it to serve as a tongue... and from that you could even test out french kissing to get an idea what it would be like.
It also covered other types of kissing... but I forgot most of them. I do remember the vacuum kiss... it was something like sucking the breath out of the other person while kissing... (not quite sure about that one...)

It was called Art of Kissing... so if anyone can hunt it down, take a look.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2008, 12:00 am

Indeed, it's instinctual. Just try not to swallow their face.
You don't even have to do much of anything at first, if you don't want to.. Just imitate him/her.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 1:04 am

How can it be "instinctual" if I've forgotten how to do it?

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:12 am

it all comes natural. and it never seems to get old, unlike 2nd base.