Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 7:51 am

Has someone of you ever tried Bates Method for better eyesight without glasses? What about its results? Did it help in your case?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 9:23 am

Cathy Bates or Norman Bates?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2008, 10:02 am

I'm skeptical. There was a company in my town that sold some instructional videos based on the Bates Method, claiming it could improve your vision to the point where you wouldn't need glasses anymore, but a few years ago they were sued for fraud and forced to stop selling their product because they had exaggerated the method's effectiveness. I'm not sure if that means the Bates Method doesn't work at all, or if it only works to a very limited extent.

The story: http://www.iowa.gov/government/ag/lates ... 6/VIT.html

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 10:10 am

Off Topic: Howard Phillips Lovecraft was A GOD!! !! A lurking, malevolent, shadowy and eldritch, ichthyoid God, made ghastly with the slime of timeless decay from the dank stone corridors of endless monolithic mazes that sit waiting in the murky gloom of a watery abyss...still...

Et tu, Cuthulu?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 10:31 am

Willard wrote:
Off Topic: Howard Phillips Lovecraft was A GOD!! !! A lurking, malevolent, shadowy and eldritch, ichthyoid God, made ghastly with the slime of timeless decay from the dank stone corridors of endless monolithic mazes that sit waiting in the murky gloom of a watery abyss...still...

Et tu, Cuthulu?

I'm a BIIIG fan of the Providence loner since I found a collection of his stories in our local library about 10 years ago :twisted: I'd love to read his letters published but it doesn't seem it will ever happen in this country :cry: I don't think too many people would like to read them then, the same about many of his stories which weren't published here and every time when a new collection of stories is released, there are the same stories that repeated in other collections (I bought "Road to madness" on the occasion of my name day in last year but there were I guess only 2 stories that had never been published here).

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 10:38 am

I've idolized Fishboy since I was in junior high school.
I'm mystified as to why no one has ever published a COMPLETE hardbound HPL anthology. I mean there are a finite and limited number of stories, surely they'd all fit in one big book. I suppose there's too much money to be made in scattering them about piecemeal in various paperback collections.

And isn't it sad that every movie that's ever been made based on one of his stories, has SUCKED.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 11:46 am

it was practicing the Master Bates Method that ruined my eyesight in the first place! :oops:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:03 pm

Willard wrote:
And isn't it sad that every movie that's ever been made based on one of his stories, has SUCKED.

If there was a film based on HPL's story that would get popularity, it would make HPL more known just like it happened with Tolkien.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 10:49 pm

Is the Bates Method something with the use of pinhole glasses, also known as stenopeic
glasses, I have been using these to help my focusing, and they seem to helped alot.

johnnash87
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2011, 5:13 am

The Bates-Method is a natural method of eye improvement. The method involves simple eye-exercises which can be practiced by an individual to improve his vision. This method gives the opportunity to people to live life without glasses. It is a safe method of eye-improvement and there are no side-effects involved.