Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 1 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:11 pm

I am getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP, all the flame wars to do with religion, race, or just being a pricks in general, before I get flamed for saying this, its only a very few members here that seem to be getting away with saying what ever they want, with out any consequences

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:21 pm

I haven't run into any, thankfully. :D I think it's a pleasant place here. *gives everyone flowers* :)

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:35 pm

Hm, neither have I.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:36 pm

your not one of them, your posts are aways very positive, I am finding some the resident trolls here on WP, seem to think its their right to be a bunch of douchebags, it seem they own the place, its not very conducive to people who are only here to find or give help, or just to get some answers.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:38 pm

Me neither. I thought I was probably one of the most annoying and offensive people here and I try not to be intentionally nasty. (just long winded) Are you trying to stir up trouble?

Who's that trip-trapping across my bridge?

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 12:51 pm

Willard wrote:
I thought I was probably one of the most annoying and offensive people here

You are, Willard, bless your dark and cynical heart! Image

Gabbaruchi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2008, 12:52 pm

Instead of making vague and nebulous allegations regarding the offensive people, why not do the sensible thing and name some names? The people offending you may not even be aware of doing so.

How are they going to change their behavior if you don't tell them what you think they're doing wrong?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:08 pm

Can't say as I've come across much nastiness on this forum, though I tend to avoid any contentious threads. Some topics are more likely to cause trouble than others - especially religion, politics or other belief systems that people hold close to their heart.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:09 pm

Gabbaruchi wrote:
Instead of making vague and nebulous allegations regarding the offensive people, why not do the sensible thing and name some names? The people offending you may not even be aware of doing so.

How are they going to change their behavior if you don't tell them what you think they're doing wrong?

Well your not one of the resident trolls, and the majority of people on WP are great people who I actually care about, but there are a couple who get into everyones face, now it isn't appropriate to be naming names on this board, and I won't name them, but you'll know them when you meet them

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:16 pm

I've witnessed a couple of otherwise decent members "snap" and start trolling the forums after having a meltdown online. It's pretty sad to see.

There's only one member I've seen get away with saying nasty things without being punished, but he only shows up every once in awhile so he's not much of a threat.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:22 pm

Willard wrote:
Me neither. I thought I was probably one of the most annoying and offensive people here and I try not to be intentionally nasty. (just long winded) Are you trying to stir up trouble?

Who's that trip-trapping across my bridge?

No your not one of them either, so far none of the resident trolls have replied to the post, I don't think they would, since they think it would single them out, and I don't really want to do that, I really want them to tone down the rhetoric and the douchbaggery

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:38 pm

I have shied away a little lately from wp because of some of the drama. I never have been picked on myself thank goodness. I have, however seen several threads that started off good until someone (no one in particular) starts some crap and changes the whole dynamic for the worse. It just seems to happen more often lately, or i have noticed it more.

I never understood the whole troll thing. Who has that much time on their hands to spend on the internet trying to serve up trouble? We have a name for that action around here.... its called Sh@#-stirring.

cruxdust
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2008, 1:38 pm

I know I can be a bit of a b***h (and an insistent one) sometimes, but I'm no troll.

bheid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2008, 1:50 pm

I submit myself for troll inspection. They may have crawled into my ear while I was sleeping, and could be taking over from the inside.

Or I could just be burning on subdued mania.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:51 pm

cruxdust wrote:
I know I can be a bit of a b***h (and an insistent one) sometimes, but I'm no troll.

no your not one either

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 1:53 pm

It is a bigot world after all topic

I have found about half dozen flamers here. When they post I try not to reply. Some of the more obvious trolls are banned immediately after notifying the mods.

I remember one guy who does not post here anymore who would be really nasty about abortion. He said he hated kids so much he fixed himself so he would not be a father. Okay. so what? But then he would belittle anyone who posted how much they loved their children. His avatar was a pic of him with a smirk on his face. All he would flame on about was aborting the "surplus" population, or making them die off, and not wanting to procreate. His profile stated he was ambiguous about whether he had Asperger's. He kept repeating himself until someone told him off. And then he disappeared. :)

There are those here that barely toe the line. I just ignore them, but I know it is hard to do.

Of course, someone may think I am a flamer. :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo