The Official Wrong Planet Story Idea Thread!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

The only rule for this thread is to please be respectful. :wink:
Another encouragement is have 3 questions ready.

1.} Is the epilepsy factor too much?
2.} Title?
3.} Other Comments?

Untitled Epileptic Superhero Story
“Spider-Man ”, “Spider-Man II”, “V for Vendetta”, “Watchmen”, “X-Men”, “X2: X-Men United”, “Hellboy”, “Batman” , “Batman Returns”, “Batman Begins”, “Superman”, “Superman II”, “Superman Returns”, “The Hulk”, “Fantastic Four”, Oscar-winner “The Incredibles”, “Daredevil”, yes, “The Punisher”, and even the spoof “My Super Ex-Girlfriend.” Examples of superhero kickass-athons.

This is about a different kind of superhero. In a corrupt Portland, where drugs, sex, & rock & roll are the norms, a superhero has emerged from the
anonymity of a small Portland neighborhood.

She is Gretchen Walters, a college freshman on the outside & on the inside, a superhero vigilante clad in an elegant angel outfit. Gretchen's light beaming from her halo covers most of her face, so that no one can tell her "street" identity.

Her powers are genetic.
Her flying abilities are similar
to the graceful acrobatics of the Cirque du Soli traveling troup.

There is a catch. Gretchen has epilepsy, meaning she has seizures.
As herself, she doesn't remember what happened before one occured.

Gretchen lives on her own, making a living as a journalist for a Portland weekly
and trying to remember to take her anti-convulsion meds.
As her alter ego, Gretchen has one sworn enemy bent on destroying her.

He is General Leland Starks, a military rogue, who has infiltrated the
state of Oregon's government & has declared himself governor
after a violent coup. The majority of Oregonians support Gen. Starks.

MU
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2008, 9:33 pm

I get the feeling that everyone in this world are not as smart as the main characters, I don't know why. How does Gretchen exactly fight off enemies? With her fists or something unbelievable? Otherwise, I'd like to draw a picture of superhero Gretchen.

Aranittara
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2008, 8:23 am

The Adventures of STAG
Starts as a Star Trek fan fic becomes much more
Elite group led by Data breaks off from star fleet into a new charter STAG with orders to explore to go where none have gone before.
They get the talaxians from VOY: Homestead to join the federation
They meet the Borg collective which has become the Tentria Confederacy a benevolent force that seeks to undo the damage the borg did and learn all there is to learn the two groups ally and the Tentria upgrade STAG's ships and give back thousands of federation members that were previously drones they briefly return to starfleet space to allow many to try leading a normal life but many more stick with STAG
STAG returns to the delta quadrant they meet up with 8472 and exchange technologies and grow their numbers more
Then they travel beyond the galactic barrier to a galaxy far far away meet the decedents of Luke, Leia, Han, Mara, and so on expand numbers trade techs get briefly involved in an armed conflict as various groups in that galaxy fight over their ships
travel back to main galaxy
The Tentria send them through probability into another galaxy where they meet the decedents of Sam Jack Daniel Teal'c and so on more tech trades and expand ranks also unleash ancient powerful force story arc of fighting that
They return to the federation and the confederacy for repairs and such they get a new mission from the TUA (Tentria UFP Alliance) : seed corridors throughout probability and space so that alliances can operate across probability
they stop in the worlds of Brin's Uplift novels, Vinges' Peace war, Card's ender's game Mcdivitt's Caldron and more expanding their ranks while fighting enemies that surface along the way including the last vestiges of the old borg collective as the confederacy plunges into civil war dragging the entire multiverse with it.

Need to add a little more conflict into early chapters. perhaps in the form of flashbacks to explain background?
Need co-writer I'm not good with the character development or some of the nuance necessary to make stories great I'm just good at complex plots and the sci-fi aspect: combining the tech landscapes of multiple civilizations and universes
I kept this post relatively short but there is an infinity more in my mind

Aranittara
Raven
Raven

27 Apr 2008, 8:32 am

oh also they are investigating the mystery of one of their ships the Provectus a ship they built based on a crashed ship of unknown origin
not sure if it's creators will be an enemy or if they will lead to one

maybe at some point they will discover that just as they run simulations of miniature worlds they are a mini world a la Brin's Stones of significance
this story has infinite potential I just wish I knew how to make the cool idea into a workable story line

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 11:26 am

To MU:

You may go ahead & draw a picture of Gretchen. :D

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 12:44 pm

1. No, I don't think the epilepsy factor is too much.
2. "The Subtle Prodigy"
3. I almost had this story read on international TV, but it was rejected.