Do u ever get depressed for no reason?

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Stealth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2008, 8:54 pm

Like today, I was watching the NFL draft and then decided to get something to eat. When I was eating by myself at the restaurant, I just started to feel really depressed. It doesn't help either when your mp3 has depressing music in it when I walking back home. I was on the verge of tears on my way back. I would just feel like the worse human being in the world. A failure, A waste of space, fear of being lonely. I don't know what gets me like this.

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2008, 9:33 pm

I know how you feel. Almost every Monday at school I get depressed. Like, nothing bad will happen it's just the fact that I am in school that I get so sad. That isn't always the case eaither. Sometimes it could be NOTHING and I'd be depressed. Sometimes people do not believe me but it happens >.<

Stealth

26 Apr 2008, 9:49 pm

Yeah, I know how it feels when people don't believe. It's like they think you're just throwing out an excuse or want attention.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 9:51 pm

That never happens to me. There's always a reason behind my depressive periods.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 10:23 pm

When I'm depressed, there is usually a reason. But if something is bothering me long enough, I'll switch between happy to depressed constantly without even thinking about it.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 10:28 pm

I get depressed when I start thinking about my life and aspergers.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 10:37 pm

Most of the time when I get depressed it is for a reason But my reason makes no sense. Birthdays trigger it and it just has to be a birthday in my family. For example, I went into the hospital on my own birthday this year (on feb. 19th) and in 2006 I went in on my dad's birthday and my brothers birthday. It doesn't matter what is going on around that time even with positive things going on I would get depressed. But when I am depressed I still smile and laugh at everything so no one really believes that I'm depressed. Not even the doctors. Even when I'm talking about suicide, I still have that stupid smile on my face. When I'm depressed, I sometimes cut myself. I can't cry when I'm depressed or normal. I just can't cry like a normal person unless the situation is extreme like someone calling me names or tells me that I am a liar (which happened in the hospital). By the way that person deserves to go to hell. I tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I am NOT a liar by any way, shape or form. Hell is where deliberate liars go. I can't stand people who lie. There was this one person who PROMISED me that he was going to help us get my business going. That was 4 years ago and I'm still waiting! I can't trust people because they are out to get me. Like today at my Arts Walk event in my area I am in a store and there were two artists there including myself. One was in the front of the store and I was put in back. 90% of the people went only to the front artist. They deliberately ignored me. They saw me but said to themselves, "Let's totally ignore her. She is no good." Are they blind and dumb? Is that what happened? Or am I not meant to be a success? That is the question for the day.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2008, 11:17 pm

No. I feel alone at times, but never depressed. The loneliness is because I don't speak to many people. Honestly, I really don't find the need. The few that I speak to are enough for now.

Obstinate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2008, 11:32 pm

All the time!

nomadic28
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2008, 11:38 pm

When I was a teenager fighting loneliness and hormones, absolutely. Now it usually requires a trigger.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 12:50 am

nomadic28 wrote:
When I was a teenager fighting loneliness and hormones, absolutely. Now it usually requires a trigger.

Same for me. When I was a teen I'd cry and sob and had no idea why and I had all kinds of strange feelings/emotions I didn't understand, they didn't seem to correlate to anything.

I get really happy for no apparent reason too.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 2:10 am

i've gotten used to the idea that i'm not at all aware of my feelings until it hits a certain extreme. it's something i plan to pursue in therapy, actually, because it's really freaking inconvenient to feel neutral all day and then suddenly be a useless lump.
i can't figure that there is a lack of a trigger --- just that the trigger isn't clear, or i genuinely have alexithymia or something.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

27 Apr 2008, 2:23 am

Yes, I get depressed for no apparent reason. I know that there much be a reason but I just don't know what it is.

I often go from one extreme emotion to the next with no warning. I can be laughing hysterically one minute and the next minute I can be aggressive and hitting objects and then the next minute can be writing suicide notes and being depressed.
All these emotions....for NO apparent reason. I've just accepted it though as a part of who I am. No point in dwelling on it.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2008, 3:02 am

I seem to get depressed for no reason, and I'm not even sure it's depressed at first - it starts with just a strange feeling in my lower stomach, then I want to throw things and cry, and jump off my 10th story balcony (don't worry, I make sure I avoid the balcony when I feel like that). I think about what's been happening recently and try to find a reason why I would be sad, but I don't always find one.

Same goes for worry (higher up in the tummy), fear (mid chest) and guilt (throat).. I only notice the physical sensations and then strong inclinations to act strangely, and have to figure out what caused it. I often confuse hunger and period pain and asthma with emotions.

Sometimes this is great - I don't take my feelings seriously because I don't know what they're about, so I just sulk or fret or whatever with gay abandon, other times I can't stop feeling a certain way because I don't know what the cause is, so I can't find it and stop it. But most of the time I feel a neutral kind of content, and I remember all events in my past with this peace - I'm usually very happy with myself and my life

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Apr 2008, 3:22 am

I used to growing up, now not quite so much, however when recalling the past I do tend to feel more depressed and it can ruin my day. When I look back on the past I have all happy thoughts as far as how I felt back then, and worry about the future, never finding true love, never having a family, never doing as well as I want someday, it can become overwhelming sometimes.

I just fear that while life has always been harder then others (usually) that perhapse I feel so happy to have had a good life up till this point for the most part that life will never be as good as it was while growing up, I really miss being a kid, and just wish I could find more meaning in life, and an opertunity to shair my life with someone someday.

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2008, 4:14 am

I have anxiety disorder and clinical depression, so I'm naturally prone to depression... I'm on Cipralex, which has helped to even out my mood a bit, but the positive effects seem to be wearing off.

Anything can trigger a depressive spell for me. It could be an event, tiredness, worry, or even just a reaction to something that somebody said or did.

Often, if I'm having trouble interpreting my own feelings, I'll default to depression and worry.

And sometimes, there seems to be no reason at all. I'll just be on edge and tearful for no real reason and end up spending all day in bed crying.

But at the moment, I'm coping. I've had a few breakdowns in the past, but I'm currently holding down a full-time job and expecting to go to University in September, so... hopefully it'll all work out.