Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2008, 12:21 am

Microsoft is Working On a new console that is not Xbox 360 Elite It is new and is not a 360 of any sort and one of Microsoft's top secrets is a New Xbox Console We have Code Named: 3-X We are unaware of its release date but do know this... PS3 Will be no rival to 3-X. 3-X is said to have Graphics that are beyond Comprehension And With Blue Ray Technology its only the Beginning.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:03 am

Console producers start working on the next-gen consoles when the current-gen console is released.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 7:31 am

console generations normally run in 5 year cycles we are getting close to 2010

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 11:57 am

thast what sucks about video gasmes
dont get me wrong
I LOVE VIDEO GAMES
its just, they should either take longer, or ya know
cost a bit less

Omni: Temp
Face of Madness: Myself :twisted:

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2008, 1:19 pm

Xbox 3-X is supposed to have Technology like the Wii Does but the remote is still one peace but it is said to be able to play DVD, DVD R, DVD RW, DVD HD, & Blue Ray. And as for Media Like Videos, Music, & Photos it can read this stuff off of CD, CD R, & CD RW. It Can Play Videos In Theses Formats MPEG 4, AVC, WMV, AVI, AVCHD, DV, DivX, MOV, OGG, & Xvid. And Pictures Can be Viewed in these formats BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, ICO, TIF, & PDF. And Last Music Files It Can Play Are MP3, M4A, WAV, MIDI, ACC, WMA & More. So as far as that it has all the typical glitches & bugs worked out a better & more silent venting system along with a 1 Terabyte Memory.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 5:07 pm

Ok, so let me see....

This new xbox will;

have nicked the WII controller technology
have nicked the PS3 blu-ray technology

and have the trademark MS total incompatibility with previous games.

Wow I can't wait.... oh... hang on a minute.... yes, I think I can wait after all.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2008, 8:36 pm

Shenzie wrote:
Xbox 3-X is supposed to have Technology like the Wii Does but the remote is still one peace but it is said to be able to play DVD, DVD R, DVD RW, DVD HD, & Blue Ray. And as for Media Like Videos, Music, & Photos it can read this stuff off of CD, CD R, & CD RW. It Can Play Videos In Theses Formats MPEG 4, AVC, WMV, AVI, AVCHD, DV, DivX, MOV, OGG, & Xvid. And Pictures Can be Viewed in these formats BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, ICO, TIF, & PDF. And Last Music Files It Can Play Are MP3, M4A, WAV, MIDI, ACC, WMA & More. So as far as that it has all the typical glitches & bugs worked out a better & more silent venting system along with a 1 Terabyte Memory.

they sure do promise alot lets see how much they deliver

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2008, 1:35 am

it will be compatible to the 360

smaug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2008, 11:23 pm

Source?

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2008, 1:29 am

smaug wrote:
Source?
What you mean source you didn't know about this? This was planned way before the 360 in fact the 360 was a prototype. Same as the Sega Dreamcast Was a Prototype for Xbox as the Xbox was a Prototype for 360.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 1:46 am

A. PC > Console. PCs are cheaper to upgrade than buying a new console, and you can do so much more and have so much more control. Consoles are played on a TV at lower resolution. FAIL. :D

B. Doesn't really matter how good the console is, there hasn't been a game out yet that's used the full capacity of the PS3 or 360, their hardware capabilities are amazing compared to the games out. Also, the texture\model\physics\etc development required to utilize the power of the next-gen console will jack up console game prices further. It's harder to develop for or port to a console than it is to develop for a PC.

Shenzie wrote:
Same as the Sega Dreamcast Was a Prototype for Xbox

LOLWUT? I don't believe you at all, and I won't unless I see a SEGA statement about this. Seems to be mere speculation, and utter rubbish to me. I mean c'mon, the dreamcast came out what barely 6 months before the PS2 and XBOX, not nearly long enough to glean from development and public reaction. I remember, I bought one at release and still occasionally play with the dreamcast. (Skies of Arcadia is an amazing RPG! Hydro Thunder burns some hours too :P)

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2008, 2:16 am

Legato wrote:
A. PC > Console. PCs are cheaper to upgrade than buying a new console, and you can do so much more and have so much more control. Consoles are played on a TV at lower resolution. FAIL. :D

B. Doesn't really matter how good the console is, there hasn't been a game out yet that's used the full capacity of the PS3 or 360, their hardware capabilities are amazing compared to the games out. Also, the texture\model\physics\etc development required to utilize the power of the next-gen console will jack up console game prices further. It's harder to develop for or port to a console than it is to develop for a PC.

Shenzie wrote:
Same as the Sega Dreamcast Was a Prototype for Xbox

LOLWUT? I don't believe you at all, and I won't unless I see a SEGA statement about this. Seems to be mere speculation, and utter rubbish to me. I mean c'mon, the dreamcast came out what barely 6 months before the PS2 and XBOX, not nearly long enough to glean from development and public reaction. I remember, I bought one at release and still occasionally play with the dreamcast. (Skies of Arcadia is an amazing RPG! Hydro Thunder burns some hours too :P)
Look on the Dreamcast Microsoft Helped design it it has there logo on it and not to mention the similarity's of the Dreamcast and xbox controllers they both had 2 memory slots in the back they look the same isn't it obvious. and if that's not enough proof ask Sega yourself.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 8:47 am

The Dreamcast used DirectX 6.0, instead of OpenGL, like the Gamecube and the PS2.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

Shenzie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2008, 3:20 pm

Dreamcast was amazing and I was shocked to here that Microsoft helped Sega but only Microsoft could have come up with the portable memory card that you can play games on and the controllers are the same THE SAME Who stole the idea from who no one. Im just giving the facts so im not going to fight about who thinks different.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2008, 5:33 pm

Shenzie wrote:
smaug wrote:
Source?
What you mean source you didn't know about this? This was planned way before the 360 in fact the 360 was a prototype. Same as the Sega Dreamcast Was a Prototype for Xbox as the Xbox was a Prototype for 360.

Source means provide a source or nobody is going to believe you. Also, I don't think you know what prototype means.

smaug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2008, 12:38 am

ev8 wrote:
Shenzie wrote:
smaug wrote:
Source?

Source means provide a source or nobody is going to believe you. Also, I don't think you know what prototype means.

Correct. I know Microsoft are developing a new console - it would be naive to think otherwise, really - but you're making claims about feature lists when I've read nothing of the sort on the game sites I visit. Some of which are far-fetched, such as a terabyte of memory (I think you mean HDD space). This sort of storage capacity simply isn't cost-effective or necessary for a console at present.