Page 7 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 10:45 pm

I would rather take someone that got a C in an AP class.
That AP class person pushed himself very hard to get that C. I value hard work and determination over "smarts". I've met many smart, lazy people.

And I've met many people who weren't "smart", but who pushed themselves so hard that I felt horrible when they got a B.

I find I get really lazy if I'm not pushed hard. If I get too much help I'm like "Meh, you do it".

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2008, 10:52 pm

*nod* Very true. :3
Reminds me of when I was in AP Literature a few years ago. I struggled hard, I worked hard, but still managed to pull a B+ in the class.

Also, I understand that "smart but lazy thing." I've met my fair share of people who fit that description perfectly.

But most of the smart people I know are very hard workers.
I am one of them.

Also, while I was helped alot at first, did get less and less of it (I prefer doing stuff for myself, it makes me feel more independent.).

I'll admit, I do tend to be one of those "asks for help alot from teachers" dudes at worst. It's normally only when an assignment/instructions are unclear, I can't figure it out for myself, despite an hour's worth of brain racking, or when there's an error at the computer terminal I can't seem to figure out/fix.

Otherwise, I tend to be more of a lone wolf with assignments, even prefering to do them myself instead of working in a team, but still able to handle it, should the need arise.