Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:01 pm

Paperplate wrote:
I went to a pshychic once and she said that I'm a reincarnation of one of my ancesters who lived "during the time of sailboats"and that our lives are very much the same. I'm an urban planner and 4 months after the session I requested some property information of a piece of land not far from where I live n work. The farm was surveyed by someone with the same rare surname as mine in 1795. I looked it up with the heritage foundation and he was indeed my ancester, one of the 1st land surveyors, so doing almost the same job I'm doing in the same area.

This is not something that absolutely convinces me of reincarnation, it could just be an interesting coincidence but I would like to try out past life regression (hypnosis) and see if anything comes up.

Wow, that's truly interesting. Be careful though, you might try reliving some past transgression that was hampered in some way. It also could badly stigmatize your current life. You will know something is wrong when you feel a heavy melancholic disdain.

Maxrebo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2008, 2:09 am

Yeah look at Zeus or Hera they could be jerks.

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2008, 3:01 am

Averick wrote:
Paperplate wrote:
I went to a pshychic once and she said that I'm a reincarnation of one of my ancesters who lived "during the time of sailboats"and that our lives are very much the same. I'm an urban planner and 4 months after the session I requested some property information of a piece of land not far from where I live n work. The farm was surveyed by someone with the same rare surname as mine in 1795. I looked it up with the heritage foundation and he was indeed my ancester, one of the 1st land surveyors, so doing almost the same job I'm doing in the same area.

This is not something that absolutely convinces me of reincarnation, it could just be an interesting coincidence but I would like to try out past life regression (hypnosis) and see if anything comes up.

Wow, that's truly interesting. Be careful though, you might try reliving some past transgression that was hampered in some way. It also could badly stigmatize your current life. You will know something is wrong when you feel a heavy melancholic disdain.

Not sure I understand what that means.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2008, 2:36 pm

I don't believe in reincarnation. I think the energy of my body will disperse to within the earth and change into multiple other forms of energy during my body's decay. In regards to my knowledge or spirit, it lives on within other people - and that's all I care.

johnpipe108
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2008, 3:43 pm

I've had some flickers of memory of a past becoming, I was an ascetic yogi in India. Just a glimmer I experienced several decades ago. I feel there was some other memory, that eludes me.

I came across the traditional ideas of reincarnation via studying the eastern philosophy; the late yogi Chiranjiva once said "when a man dies, he becomes one with existence, without loosing an individual point of view". My intuition leads me to accept the concept of reincarnation, as presented in the ancient philosophical views.

The Bhagavad Gita presents the view that humans may get time in out-of-the-body "heaven", but they are surprised when they begin falling back to human birth, once their "brownie points" are used up.

As to animal vs human re-birth, I've been under the impression that the way a person could be re-born as an animal, would generally be because they have become more animalistic and lower-natured in their previous human form.

The Katha Upanishad presents some interesting viewpoints that are apropos here.

ymmv!

Johnpipe

Bom Shankar Bholenath! I do not "have a syndrome", nor do I "have a disorder," I am a "Natural Born Scholar!"