Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 12:58 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
I like spongebob, especially the older episodes. The humour in it is often very clever. Some of it is kinda dumb but that's just because it is a kid show.

Quoted for great justice. Old SpongeBob rawks. Very surreal, very clever. Wielded the non-sequitur like Musashi a katana. A very special and absurd brand of silliness.

Everything after the second season or so has been pretty awful. It really needs to be euthanized.

You should agree with me because

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

06 May 2008, 8:29 am

A show about a sponge that talks...atleast when some people create shows they use animals that talk. A sponge isn't even living!! !

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 9:48 am

While real sponges are unencumbered by a nervous system or complex organ systems, they are quite alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponge

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 1:25 pm

I really don't understand the obsession with this guy! He is such a airhead! A episode of the Simpsons showed how he is almost a god to kids. Lisa called out one time, "Jesus! Buddah! Sponge bob! whoever's up there, just please help me!

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 9:17 am

am rarely watching anything other than spongebob,have a sky+ box [which records from sky digital] and the hard drive is full of sponge bob episodes.
its the colour and shapes that attract am.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2008, 9:22 am

I watched the first season. Yet, like all other cartoon cable channels, they kept repeating the same episodes for almost over a year. When I was 18, I already stopped watching Nick altogether.

Brittany2907

07 May 2008, 11:52 am

twoshots wrote:
While real sponges are unencumbered by a nervous system or complex organ systems, they are quite alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponge

My bad. :lol:
I was thinking of the type of sponge that you clean your kitchen bench top with. Nevermind...

P.S = That living sponge thing is really creepy!

merr
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 3:42 am

twoshots wrote:
history_of_psychiatry wrote:
I like spongebob, especially the older episodes. The humour in it is often very clever. Some of it is kinda dumb but that's just because it is a kid show.

Quoted for great justice. Old SpongeBob rawks. Very surreal, very clever. Wielded the non-sequitur like Musashi a katana. A very special and absurd brand of silliness.

Everything after the second season or so has been pretty awful. It really needs to be euthanized.

You should agree with me because
qft!

I used to love this show- hated it when it first came out because I thought a talking sponge was stupid, but the show really did use clever humor. I dont watch Nickeoledeon anymore, but sometimes I'll watch my favorite episodes. There are some things that kids will never understand really, like the Texas is dumb episode- well that really wouldnt make any sense to you if you dont live near texas or dont know anyone from texas, but some people really do get angry if you say something bad about it.

08 May 2008, 8:35 am

JerryHatake wrote:
It just a stupid show that had a child drowned to death trying to meet Spongebob in the real ocean.

People should never blame kids action on TV shows.

Besides I heard that was just a myth about the girl drowning. http://urbanlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kid_ ... _Spongebob

I dunno how that story got made up.

I think the show is Y7 anyway meaning it's suitable for kids 7 and older but the rating are just guidelines for the parents.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:45 am

Its stupid show regardless. I have seen better shows that teach tolerance at least. (Harry Potter Does)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HIavxnUHls[/youtube]

Another reason

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 11:55 am

merr wrote:
There are some things that kids will never understand really, like the Texas is dumb episode- well that really wouldnt make any sense to you if you dont live near texas or dont know anyone from texas, but some people really do get angry if you say something bad about it.

Oh, I know what that's like. I'm a native Texan (although I've been living in Indy for a little while now). Anyway, all my friends knew I was from Texas and when they saw that episode, they all decided to try it on me. Naturally, I defended my home state like Sandy. Although, ironically, I don't like her because she's being a stereotypical Texan and we're definitely not all like that.

08 May 2008, 8:07 pm

JerryHatake wrote:

Another reason

I don't think that episode is real. I have seen the real shows on Nick. That one you showed looked like it was made by someone else. I could tell by the way the animation looked and Spongebob's voice. I guess a parody of Spongebob.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 09 May 2008, 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 9:11 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
JerryHatake wrote:

Another reason

I do't think that episode is real. I have seen the real shows on Nick. That one you showed looked like it was made by someone else. I could tell by the way the animation looked and Spongebob's voice. I guess a parody of Spongebob.

The point is the show has no interest to me and too childish for us adults to watch.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 12:47 am

I never understood the fascination with spongebob... I've watched a couple episodes before...
Frankly it just seems too silly and absurd even for a kid. Seems like a lot of kids cartoons are like this now...

Kids cartoons seemed so much better in the 80s and 90s.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 5:58 am

if u really hate it try going to youtube and typing in deathsponge notepants.