Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraken
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2008, 10:59 am

A lawsuit isn't necessarily what you want, though. The main goal should be to change the behavior directed at you, Kristian. Unfortunately, the faculty at your school appear to discredit you to a large extent because of your autism. That means you need an advocate, who is both sensitive to your needs and concerns and capable of articulating these to the staff at your school. Ideally, this would include your parents. If that's not an option, you may want to investigate whether an autism advocacy organization is active where you live. Regardless, your advocate must accept your competence before he/she can effectively advocate for you.

ihitterdal
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2008, 3:57 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
Kris94 wrote:
alright... let me put this lightly...

I am not allowed to make decisions for myself.

The teachers choose my dinner for me, tell everyone that i am autistic, and so all the kids say im a 'spazz' or a 'ret*d'
Ask me if i help EVERY TIME i do work, and they dont let me be independent at all.

Every morning im faced with

'HELLO KRISTIAN!' in a voice that says 'you dont understand anything'

and whenever something goes wrong, I am blamed because im autistic and i probally did it!

I AM NOT AN IDIOT GOD DAMN IT!

i get higher levels/grades then everyone in my class (im in the high class) and they say i need to go to the lower class.

They are making my life hell! please help me!

Sux the Nazi NTs! Call your local ACLU and report it to them! You can sued them for that,

Sometimes not the smartest and rational action to take.

We wish... Then I'd have Ableton in my lap right now.

Lil_Miss_Gloo
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jun 2008, 9:04 am

That truly is awful! Don't let them get away with it.
There was an Aspergers' boy at my school who received this sort of treatment. Not to the same degree, though.

Have you tried telling them to P*** off? I strongly recommend it.
But seriously, you should definately tell your parents and headteacher

Even telling you what to eat? Trying to force you into lower classes? That's some serious discrimination.

SDFarsight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2008, 10:56 am

Well that's simply unacceptable.

If someone speaks to you in a patronising way, you should politely yet firmly tell them something along the lines that you're not a 4-your-old and it's wrong to treat you as one. Or prehaps some writty remark, and asking "have you just walked out of the Junoir school? As you sound like a teacher from there" (or whatever the school/pre-school that is several years below you is called in your area). However, be careful not to get into a state where you're near-paranoid of people patronising you, as then you might react badly to people when they're just being genuinely nice and respectful to you

As for the other things, that's discrimination and simply shouldn't happen. If you feel that it is seriously effecting your education and/or emotions, then you should write to or book a meeting with the Headmaster or some other important staff member that would (or should) listen to you. But don't simply walk up to them and talk about it, as it might look as if you're just moaning about something rather trivial, when infact it's quite serious; plus that staff member could be busy at the time. Though that's just my opinion.