Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 8:54 am

I have ringing in the ears in certain situations. I know how to make it go away (I listen to music and meditate), unless I am sick. Then this pitch in my ears is frequent and very loud.

I also get ringing in the ears from medications. So when I am sick and have to take meds - it's a nightmare. That's the second worst thing to being sick.

I never had my hearing tested in the past 15+ years though. I think my ears differ in hearing ability, but I also know I hear better than other people still.

My ears usually just let me hear white noise when I have to listen to something extremely loud. By meditation it's got much much better. But when I'm in a rush or stressed, then the sirens of police cars still crush my hearing.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 11:05 am

I used to get tons of ear infections when I was little. I think it has affected my hearing somewhat today.

I also sometimes have this clicking sound in my right ear. At first I thought it was my earrings, but even when I wasn't wearing any, it still happened every now and again. I started noticing this around late middle school / early high school.

spindriftdancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2008, 11:32 am

I can hear really high pitched noises, too. If the tv is on, but the sound is off, I can still hear it. When I was a kid I used to get a high-pitched ringing in my ears, but it hasn't bothered me for a long time. I also have to bring earplugs with me when I go to the movie theatre or concerts because the noise level is too much.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 6:23 pm

I always clean my ears every night,
but it's no use.

Whatever I'm thinking about
tunes out the noise around me.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 May 2008, 1:30 am

BAP22 wrote:
Also realize that ringing in your ears can be from too much loud music. At least I assume thats why i hear steady high pitched ringing when its really quiet.

Oh man...darn those headphones! :lol:

I don't know if this is hearing "loss", but I am forever hearing a quite loud high pitched ringing in my ears when it's otherwise silent. I hope I didn't destroy my own hearing by listening to music through my headphones when online all the time.

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2008, 5:11 pm

I have excellent hearing and high range.

and I completely understand about the mosquito thing... one guy at school had the 'smart' idea to bring a dog whistle to school. Sufficient to say it is no more.
Luckily my neighbors are mostly elderly people who stay indoors and have little noisy outdoor stuff.

At school I often turn off blank screen t.vs, computers and monitors, and unneeded lights because I can't stand the sounds

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 9:21 am

Hearing hierarchy topic

Some of us Aspies have CAPD, as I do. (Central Auditory Processing Disorder) I lost the high pitch range of hearing a few years ago, but there may have been some of loss as well, because of repeated ear infections when I was young.

If the other posters are bothered by hearing problems, I can certainly understand. :(

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 2:34 pm

well today some inconsiderate jerk decided to whistle very high pitched and very loudly RIGHT IN MY EAR, I have had a ringing in my ear since then and it's been close to an hour...

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2008, 3:24 pm

hmm music with head phones seems to work :lol:

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2008, 6:48 pm

I have loss in my right ear due to a high fever as an infant burning the nerves in my ear. I have about an 85% loss. I sometimes get a very high pitched tone in my deaf ear that actually causes physical pain when I hear it.

Otherwise, I don't have those issues with my other ear. I rely on lip reading about 75% of the time.