Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 10:48 pm

I have problems with sudden loud noises. When I went out to eat today there was this group of extremely loud people. In fact it was so loud at times that I had to cover my ears. It hurts me when I hear loud noises and it is even worse when the noise is unexpected. It stresses me out. So, who here has the same problem with loud noises?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 10:53 pm

Categorically yes. Sudden loud noises are a bane, and certain loud noises I am aware are coming are just as bad. Though I am less concerned about loud noise if I am making it.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 10:59 pm

I do - I am easily distracted by them. I can't sleep without earplugs, and I can't stand the loud noises on my city's public transportation system.

You should listen to music whenever these noises bother you; they help you drown them out and focus!

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:07 pm

FireBird wrote:
I have problems with sudden loud noises. When I went out to eat today there was this group of extremely loud people. In fact it was so loud at times that I had to cover my ears. It hurts me when I hear loud noises and it is even worse when the noise is unexpected. It stresses me out. So, who here has the same problem with loud noises?

I'm especially stressed by loud people. My neice recently married into a family of very large, tall (no one under 6') and exceptionally loud and exuberant people. I'm 5'3" and very quiet. I ended up having to leave her wedding reception early because they were so loud and towering over me that I just couldn't breathe. Her mother came over when I excused myself and said, "Oh, Patty, you don't have to go." I just looked at her and said, "Oh, yes, I do!" and made for the door.

Patricia

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:08 pm

FireBird wrote:
It stresses me out. So, who here has the same problem with loud noises?

Y-E-S

05 May 2008, 11:13 pm

There are certain loud noises I can't stand. I can't stand high pitch cheering. If I go somewhere and I didn't know the place was going to be wild, then I get a sensory overload. I also can't stand loud music. When I went to my cousin's wedding, I sat far away from the party up at the lodge where they got married at and had the dance inside.

Speckles
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2008, 11:16 pm

Oh yeah. It's actually less the volume of the noise that bugs me then the unpredictablity and distractablity of it. If it's just a loud humming that stays the same, like an airplane engine, it'll bug me way less then someone talking loudly, despite the fact that the engine is louder.

delia43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2008, 11:18 pm

Yes, very much.

Although I've got to admit that whenever I hear the phrase "loud noises," the first thing I think of is that guy in "Anchorman."

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:18 pm

high pitch noise makes me paralized. :(

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:26 pm

I can't stand the loud sermons at many evangelical churches. This was part of the reason I chose Lutheranism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:40 pm

I was much worse with loud noises when I was younger. My stepdad would be playing his home stereo and when I walked by I would always complain that it was too loud, when it wasn't really that loud. Nowadays I am going to loud concerts. Not to mention that I also blast my rock and metal music when I'm home alone.

Sabercat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 11:43 pm

Smoke alarms are the worst! Vaccums suck too, in more ways than one, obviously.

lotus
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2008, 11:59 pm

Yep, except when I am working I am fine. Go figure!

toby2
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 May 2008, 12:56 am

yep any noise for me, but it seems the more i am trying to concentrate the louder the noise will be. some times it can be very
painfull 8O

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 12:58 am

I can't stand loud noises especially motor bikes. It scares me. I work in a noisey kitchen so I have learned to adjust but it still gets to me. I try and listen to my ipod when I ride public transportation or listen to the music at work.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2008, 2:08 am

Certain loud noises. Shrill laughter always makes me wince in pain. When my dad talks on the cellphone with one of his buddies, he loses all volume regulation and I have to plug my ears if I'm near him, especially if I think he's going to laugh. It's not just that he's loud either, it builds this frequency that can split the air. When he sneezes it's the worst, especially since there's no way to prepare for it.

Microphone ringing is bad too. Vacumes used to terrify me when I was under 4, but my mom doesn't remember it. Oddly, alot of other kinds of loud noises like trains, plains, sirens don't bother me much. Just shrill or sudden sounds. Human voices that are both shrill and loud I seem to have the lowest tolerance for.