Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Do arbitrary time periods make any sense?
Yes 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
No 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 12

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 12:23 pm

Is it right to have totally arbitrary time periods for starting a relationship, or advancing to the next phase in one?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 1:03 pm

A thousand times no. An emotional relationship is organic and develops in it's own time. Just as individual people don't all mature at the same rate, add two individuals to the mix and there's no predicting how and where it will develop. There is a point at which an individual has to make a decision whether they're willing to wait any longer, but that's again an individual decision and can't be quantified by a catchall across-the-board figure.

tailfins1959
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2008, 4:02 pm

If someone is dating you for three years and won't marry, they are wasting your time with a commitment-phobic person.

I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2008, 10:20 am

I need someone who is ready for a relationship now

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 12:54 am

Willard wrote:
A thousand times no. An emotional relationship is organic and develops in it's own time. Just as individual people don't all mature at the same rate, add two individuals to the mix and there's no predicting how and where it will develop. There is a point at which an individual has to make a decision whether they're willing to wait any longer, but that's again an individual decision and can't be quantified by a catchall across-the-board figure.

I agree 100%. If there is a necessary time period, there must be a reason for backing it up. I feel that things will happen when they happen, and not within some pre-determined time period.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2008, 11:51 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I need someone who is ready for a relationship now

:roll: :wall: Remember when I told you this?! "Well if it doesn't work with her it's my turn. After all I have known you for four or more years now..." and might I add, I have watched you go after at least three girls now. What's your reason for the hold up?