No 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Not sure 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 24

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 5:43 pm

I don't know on this one.

I think America owes it to the Iraqy people to rebuild the country and restore peace after bombing it and creating a power vacuum. If they do leave the country may go into civil war.

But on the other hand I think most Iraq's people see America soldiers as the enermy and they maybe causing more harm than good by being there.

Also if Iraq didn't have any oil, America really wouldn't care less about the country. At the end of the day that is really what the Iraq war is all about.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 5:47 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I think America owes it to the Iraqy people to rebuild the country and restore peace after bombing it and creating a power vacuum. If they do leave the country may go into civil war.

Whether or not we "owe" it to the Iraqi people, rebuilding their country is beyond our capabilities. Our presence continues to provoke more violence, which will not stop until we are gone.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:13 pm

America should stay there as long as things don't get out of hand. There have been periods in Iraq harder than this time. Maliki seems to be getting braver against the militias and truly needs US support if his objective is to see light. I find it ironic that people constantly bicker about the situation in Iraq yet do nothing but just that, bicker.

Orwell wrote:
MR_BOGAN wrote:

Whether or not we "owe" it to the Iraqi people, rebuilding their country is beyond our capabilities. Our presence continues to provoke more violence, which will not stop until we are gone.

Because al-Qaedas presence only promotes peace?

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:19 pm

yes

Quote:

al qaeda does not exist.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:24 pm

peebo wrote:
yes

Quote:

al qaeda does not exist.

:wall:

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:32 pm

why are you so angry?

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:40 pm

peebo wrote:
why are you so angry?

:shameonyou:

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:40 pm

:cry:

Adam Smith

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:41 pm

Not sure :?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:44 pm

along with every other base in the middle east.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
along with every other base in the middle east.

You cannot be serious.

I actually think you are... :?

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:49 pm

peebo wrote:
:cry:
:rambo:

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:51 pm

now you're just being facetious...

Adam Smith

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:52 pm

peebo wrote:
now you're just being facetious...

Nah, I made my point earlier.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 7:54 pm

the head banging against the wall? or your previous post about things getting out of hand? you make little sense.

Adam Smith

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2008, 7:56 pm

We should withdraw from all areas except the Kurdistan region (where support for the US remains around 90%) and the stabalized regions in Anbar Province (where the war was considered lost until we pulled out, Al Quaeda pulled in, and the residents realized that yes, the US were the good guys in this case, revolted against Al Quaeda and begged us back).

When the residents of Baghdad get tired enough of the fighting that they start viewing the US military as better than the various militias, that is when the war is won, and the same goes for every out of control area within Iraq.