Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

HannahCapps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2005, 12:34 pm

got the mic and the stand and cable, now I'm wateing for the 8 track to come in the mail... :D

oatwillie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2005, 12:46 pm

Hannah,

Very nice studio mic! What kind is it? I have a Neumann U87, but use an Electrovoice RE20 on my show. Do you sing or do voice work?

Sacred Cows make the tastiest hambuger.

visualize whirled peas

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 3:17 pm

Wonderful! What do you plan to do with it?

HannahCapps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2005, 3:23 pm

its an MXL MXL990 Condenser Mic with shockmount, and I plan on recording my music wtih it...so that it will sound 100 times better...so I can share it with you all... :)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 3:46 pm

Excellent!

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 3:54 pm

Cool. I used to fool around with an old tascam 4 track for a while.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 4:19 pm

ummm whats an 8 track........... lol.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

HannahCapps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2005, 6:50 pm

The BR-900CD is a portable dream studio. It's road tough, fun to use, and it performs far beyond its weight class. This reliable all-in-one digital recorder stands out with its professional effects, realistic drum-pattern generator, vocal-correction and Mastering Tool Kit, digital output, and internal CD burner. No matter where you are -- in your home studio or on the road -- all you'll need is a BR-900CD, and you can write, record, edit, mix, master, and burn a complete polished CD anywhere, anytime.

Features
Built-in CD-burner and Mastering Tool Kit

8 simultaneous playback tracks, 2 simultaneous recording tracks with 8 V-tracks (64 V-Tracks total)

2 XLR inputs with phantom power, plus 1/4 in. and RCA inputs, and digital out

Pitch correction, chorus, delay, reverb, EQ, and other great BOSS-quality effects

Programmable drum generator with 294 patterns, plus Tone Load function for custom beats

Record direct to CompactFlash (128MB card included; record up to 624 minutes with optional 1GB card)

Record direct to CD-R/RW

USB port for data backup to computer, plus importing/exporting WAV files

Runs on batteries or AC power (AC adapter included)

The best gets better
With the same reliable and ultra-friendly operation as BOSS's highly popular BR-864, the BR-900CD takes three big steps forward by increasing the front-panel fader count from four to eight, and adding a built-in CD-RW drive and pitch correction to the feature set. The BR-900CD is compatible with CompactFlash cards up to 1GB capacity, which provides up to 624 minutes of record time (standard mode) in one shot. Even with all of these great new features, the unit's footprint remains small for ease of travel.

Stellar studio effects
Proudly displaying the BOSS logo, the BR-900CD offers a lineup of quality effects that are worthy of the legendary name. In addition to the time-tested standards (reverb, EQ, chorus, delay), you'll find additional pro-quality effects, such as vocal pitch-correction, bass simulation, pedal wah, COSM-powered guitar amp and compressor models, and mastering tools.

Rhythm programmer onboard
Songwriters will love the BR-900CD's built-in rhythm programmer, packed with 294 expressive patterns. Use these realistic backing tracks as inspiration for both writing and recording. You can even customize your own beats using the handy Tone Load function.

USB spoken
Connect the BR-900CD to the outside world with one convenient USB connection. Import and export audio files and song data quickly and easily. Need to add some drum loops or vocal samples to your song? Simply drag and drop your favorite WAV files from USB-equipped computer directly into the BR-900CD. Conversely, you can export audio that you've created internally on the BR-900CD to computers.

Convenient built-in mic
The BR-900CD's built-in microphone is perfect for times when bringing a mic and cable along isn't practical. Ultra handy!

Battery operation
The BR-900CD runs on battery or AC power (adapter supplied). You can make pro-quality recordings any time, any place.

does that help explain what an 8 track is?

Last edited by HannahCapps on 20 Oct 2005, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2005, 6:54 pm

haha sounds like you are totally in love with it !

Im learning the ins and outs of music production, but on the computer instead. But i can imagine its no where near as much fun as having that piece of kit.

Cant wait to hear ur new recordings, should make your all ready fab music even better !

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:10 pm

Wow technology has certainly made things easier.
Mine used standard magnetic cassette tapes, and it would put two tracks on side A and two on side B. Then to mix it I had to run it into something else and record all together. This is starting to make me feel old.

By the way, I tried to listen to your music online, but couldn't get itunes to play it. I'd really like to check it out though, as I am a huge Elliott Smith fan.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 11:26 pm

I used to have a pair of MXL 2001's that I used for various purposes. Considering that the pair cost just slightly over $300 I was amazed at some of the stuff that you could do with them, though I usually resorted to using them on a drumkit, either as overheads or for cymbals.

I also recorded a guy playing acoustic guitar and singing in a loft space with one of them placed approximately 15" from the upper shoulder of the guitar body and tilted back to approximately the 1 o'clock position, tracked without EQ and got really good results.

Good luck with your new setup.

HannahCapps
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2005, 3:28 pm

its not come yet....boohoo... :cry:

TheViking
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2005, 9:51 pm

i got some software that you can record music and turn them to WAV files

From a book of untruths for the weakest mind