Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 5:41 pm

I have all my life. When there's absolutely no way I can get milk I notice that I eat cheese and ice cream and stuff a lot more.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 5:58 pm

I did when I was younger; about a gallon of milk a day. Nowadays, I don't crave it anymore.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 May 2008, 6:10 pm

The very thought of milk makes me nauseous. The sight of the slime it leaves on the side of a glass is disgusting. I was often forced to drink milk, growing up.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 6:17 pm

I used to love it, but now that it makes me so sick I really don't crave it anymore.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 6:21 pm

nope...I was forced to drink it until 16, when I left home, but I started getting IBS after I reached 12, so I avoid it. I do sometimes eat frozen yogart or a mocho shake but I always pay for it afterwards....sometimes it's worth it :wink:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 6:37 pm

I dont really care for milk. I can drink it... like once a year maybe.. But i get a lot of milk from cheese, cause i love cheese.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 6:54 pm

I crave milk, sure I do. But milk isn't the only thing I crave.

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 7:14 pm

Actually, I can't handle anything but skim milk (or non-milk alternatives). It just tastes... fatty, and it neither tastes good nor makes me feel good. However, I did truly love cheese when younger, though not as much now (or maybe I do, but I just don't have it as often).
I've never felt a craving for milk or even milk products. I'll drink it when necessary, but I tend only to use it in cooking.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 7:33 pm

I wouldn't say I crave milk but I usually drink a glass a day any more tears up my body systems. :-)

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 8:12 pm

I like it in coffee. About 1 part milk in three parts coffee. I also like ice cream and yogurt. Berry yogurt with granola is wonderful! It's a good source of protein and calcium, too. Screw the greenies, guilt trippers and quacks who say this stuff is evil!

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 14 May 2008, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 8:15 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I have all my life. When there's absolutely no way I can get milk I notice that I eat cheese and ice cream and stuff a lot more.

yes. Last semester I was drinking a gallon in two days.

however, craving diary products is a sign of an intestinal candida infection (even if you've craved them all your life). So you should at least mention how bad your craving is at your next doctors appointment to see if he/she thinks testing is worthwhile.

Otherwise, you can end up as bad as I am right now. And its very possible all of my symptoms are from having too much candida in the body

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 8:35 pm

I LOOOOVE milk, I drink it all the time. The best tasting milk is whole milk with Nesquik chocolate syrup stirred in. Mmm...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 8:37 pm

Never got milk as a kid. Love it now. Milk is "easy energy" in a non-sugary sort of way. If that makes any sense.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 9:21 pm

can't stand the stuff. When I was a kid, I lived on an island in the middle of the Pacific. Milk would come over by ship, rolling, churning, and by the time it got there, there were clumps of butter in it. Totalmente disgusting, folks...

I'll cook with it, but I don't like it...

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2008, 9:22 pm

pakled wrote:
can't stand the stuff. When I was a kid, I lived on an island in the middle of the Pacific. Milk would come over by ship, rolling, churning, and by the time it got there, there were clumps of butter in it. Totalmente disgusting, folks...

I'll cook with it, but I don't like it...

:eew: That sounds totally disgusting. I have this thing with milk... I have my boyfriend smell the carton first if im supposed to drink it or use it for something. I wont drink milk if the carton hasnt been opened the same day.. :P

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 9:35 pm

Never. I'll have ice cream, but I think milk by itself is disgusting. 8O