Do you get stressed over small things?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2008, 12:30 am

marshall wrote:
Yes. This is the story of my life.

I have an even worse problem... severe anger issues. I've become violent and done things I'm not proud of.

I CANNOT STAND IT when people patronize me for “fussing over minor issues”. This was always the source of my most violent behavior as a kid. It was never the anxiety itself that set me off, it was the patronizing attitude of others that would trip the switch in me and throw me into a rage.

Yea, I never understood that chit. All the stuff I've ever read, talk about how if you're important to someone, then what you're doing is too. And to me, that means that if I feel something is important enough for me to get stressed over and then eventually ask them about, then it should be important to them. Or that they should feel I'm important enough to them for them to help me.

But no, if it's not a big deal to them, then it shouldn't be to you. And even if it's not a big deal to you, Then it still is a big deal anyways. I mean, if I care about someone, and if they're stressed about something I try to let them know that I'll help them. And even if it isn't somebody that I care about or even know.

Most people are just ****oles though.

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2008, 5:04 am

Yes, it's the small things for me too - especially having other people change what I had planned to do!

Only a couple of days ago I caused an "incident" at work when one of my colleagues booked the pool car (which I had dented, as I have described in a previous post!) in for repair at a time when I had already booked it out in the diary!

I was like "if I wrote it in the diary, it's cast in tablets of stone, end of!! !! ! I would expect him to at least do me the courtesy of asking me first! He doesn't respect me or what I need to do! Why does it even need booking in anyway, who cares if there's a dent in it, why not just glue on the trim with superglue & paint over the scratches? What does it matter what it looks like????"

This is me at work - I really said all this - aaargh!! !!

Last edited by shopaholic on 16 May 2008, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2008, 5:40 am

Rainstorm5 wrote:
I put off calling people and setting appointments not because I'm lazy, but because I simply hate talking on the phone.

i have exactly the same thing, the stress is magnified 10x when it will involve having to talk to a stranger

generally speaking though i get very agitated at minor things anyway

samantca
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2008, 6:20 am

shopaholic wrote:
Yes, it's the small things for me too - especially having other people change what I had planned to do!
!

Yep im all too familiar with this :roll:

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2008, 6:46 am

The way I see it.... it is mostly because we're focused on the details. We deconstruct everything into small things in our mind, and if one small thing is in tune with the other small things.... it isn't a problem (even if, as a whole, the collective is messed up)...

Furthermore... if we can't get small things done right, it bespeaks of far more severe ineptitude than failing at something far larger. It feels like the world is against us right down to the little details. It becomes a very personal sort of failure.

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2008, 7:01 am

YES!! !! !! !! !! YES YES!! !
in fact- ive also had the same prob- had ugly growth on my eye- painless but looks vile-. has taken me almost a YEAR to see dr for a referral to hosp, then over a month to call hos to make apt, then several phone calls to make an apt, as i couldnt understand what they were tellng me; id just get SO angry and shake and hang up!! !
over something which will make my life better, as i wont have to wear sunglasses - fine in summer- annoying in winter/snow/rain etc.

and its all my fault for never getting round to things..

eg- i often do laundry- which i quite like doing- then leave it all out to dry too long, so it falls off, gets walked upon by snails, gets wet again in rain, falls in mud etc- why is bringing it in STRESSFUL?? its not... but i find it so....
def the really small things become IMPOSSIBLE to deal with...
;-)
nice to know im not the only rubbish-at-dealing-with-small-things person. thank you!

SotiCoto
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2008, 7:43 am

bettybarton wrote:

Your mother said the same last night...

Lawlz... no.
Really now... chill. Lets not get excited. You act like nobody ever agreed with you before! ^_^;;

craola
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2008, 8:46 am

Very much so.

I had a cancellation the other day which was the first in a long time. I just didn't know what to do. I spent the whole evening wandering around once I calmed down.

My laptop was meant to be going in to be fixed today while I was away but I've been really worked up about it all week because I don't like not having it. I slipped downstairs and took the parts and finally fixed it this morning. Now I just have to convince them to let me take it away. I know its stupid I just need it, just so I can look at the photographs I take and prepare the best ones.

nomnom_hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2008, 12:11 am

SotiCoto wrote:
bettybarton wrote:

Your mother said the same last night...

roflmao

nice.... :lol:

me and my coworkers make yo momma jokes at each other when we're bored and being slackers, I hadn't heard anything like that outside of work in the recent past till now

Last edited by nomnom_hamster on 19 May 2008, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2008, 12:19 am

Small things will send me into a meltdown much faster than big things, probably because I'm not mentally bracing myself for it.

Small things are daily if not hourly occurances for me, and that buildup can be a lot worse than something large.

jamieg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2008, 12:47 pm

i get stressed all the time but now that i got diagnosed after years of you have a problem but we dont know what i am now starting to figure out all the things that stress me out and the oasis book and reading here is giving me ideas of things to look at for finding out why

some of my doctors keep trying to tell me that this stresses you because you want it to and it never did before but the truth is that it always did but nobody ever tried to help me figure out why i get stressed before

what stresses me fastest is when people say to me you think this or feel that without even asking me and wont believe me when i say i dont and they dont listen when they try to say that i am trying to commit suicide by walking in front of a car but the truth is that sometimes i dont see it so i think that nothing is there so how can i intentionally walk in front of a car i didnt see

if you want to know more about me then read all my posts then pm me for any questions not answered in my other posts

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2008, 2:03 pm

The most random and menial things can trigger a total meltdown for me. Really the big stuff I could deal with. My mother died in front of me and I had to organize (and pay for) the funeral arrangements, flowers, call family members and whatnot. I could deal with a stalker who cut the head of my cat and sent it to me in the mail for my birthday, then a month later tried to kill me......but I might totally spaz out if my check at a restaurant or a bill at a grocery store comes out to a number I'm not fond of (really it's actually not about the money, but the actual numbers). Oh I also hate change.....like coins and stuff....why can things just cost nice even amounts of money. And never ever try to give me back $0.37...I will just throw it back at you....I have a habit of saying "keep the change."

I really hate it when the calorie counter on the elliptical at the gym comes out to an odd number, or worse a prime number....the best really is a number divisible by 10.....if I burned 433 calories during my workout my day is ruined......then if the total number of strides is 7547 when exactly 35 minutes have elapsed.....it's certain my day will be s**t.

Here's another thing that really bugs me....traffic....it can make me near homicidal.....and even more so because I can see the licence plates of all the cars easily, and I might not like the numbers. One thing that can trigger a meltdown is not being able to make a left turn or proceed through a stop sign while waiting what seems like eons for the cars to just stop coming. I will start yelling and screaming.....like the drivers of the other cars can actually hear me.....

Waiting on line at a checkout counter is another thing that can totally stress me out, to the point of having a meltdown.....I usually will start rocking when I'm waiting in a checkout line. People stand to close to me, and I have to stay in one spot and just wait.......

This being said....driving and shopping are not my most fun things to do.....

Last edited by Sublyme on 19 May 2008, 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 2:04 pm

No.

It would have to be something really major to stress me out.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2008, 3:48 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
Totally agreed THERE IS NO EXCUSE!! !

Videogame (PLAY IT LATER)

Relationship (GO ON A DATE LATER OR better yet make it a study group thing/do your project together)

Didn't have time (THAT'S YOUR OWN FAULT YOU SHOULD MAKE TIME!! !)

Kids (LET THEM GO OUT AND PLAY TAKE THEM TO MCDONALD'S PLAYPLACE WHILE YOU TYPE ON YOUR LAPTOP OR MOMMY'S BUSY WE'LL GO TO THE TOY STORE TOMORROW!!)

Clearly you don't have kids. LOL

IMO there is no excuse for judgment against other people, NT or not.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 4:36 pm

I get extremely anxious about seemingly simple things like filling out job applications, paying bills, etc. The anxiety leads to procrastination. I'm working on correcting this problem.

equinn
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 8:42 pm

NEVER! WHY???? :D