Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

delia43
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2008, 11:40 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
My short-term memory is terrible. I'll forget what I'm doing while I'm doing it. I'll have the TV remote in my hand and forget where I put it :x

I'm not even exaggerating =/

I've done this, too! I also regularly go to the supermarket because I need to buy one thing, will buy three other things, come home, and realize I still don't have the orginal item. I'd make a list, but I tend to lose lists, too! :lol:

Also, took that online memory test and scored 26%. 8O

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 12:37 am

on the online test i got 46% first, then 38%, then 42%. i found it considerably harder the subsequent times because i had already seen the images in the previous test.

my working memory is the weakest aspect of my IQ score. i wish i had the test here but i can't remember where i put it (har har), but my scores were all above the 90th percentile except for working memory, it was at the 75th percentile. i then had a weschler memory scale that put it at a higher level. i can totally relate with that whole "forgetting what i'm doing while i'm doing it" thing. sometimes i'll forget what i'm talking about in mid-sentence, i'll forget where i put the remote one second ago, or it'll be in my hand, etc. i think this has a lot to do with inattention in my case.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 7:05 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:

58.064! Yeah.

Addition on Working Memory...

I suppose my WM and processing speed (also in 140s) are due to hyperfocus. (I meet the criteria for AD(H)D.) It never crossed my mind that it could be hyperfocus of course.

AspieMamaof4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2008, 7:15 am

This is one of my biggest issues.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 7:26 am

Sora wrote:
paulsinnerchild wrote:

58.064! Yeah.

Addition on Working Memory...

I suppose my WM and processing speed (also in 140s) are due to hyperfocus. (I meet the criteria for AD(H)D.) It never crossed my mind that it could be hyperfocus of course.

Well, I am not doing as well as you in this area, let's just leave it at that. At least I could do WORSE and still be in average, and I HAVE done better before, so I know this is FAR from my best.

I don't know where I scored on this with my IQ tests(I probably scored pretty close to you though), but I have no doubt that I would know a lot more, and probably score higher on the IQ score if I had a better working memory. Take in mind also, that I am almost 3 times as old as you.(MAN is that depressing! It seems like only yesterday I was YOUNGER than you!) :cry:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:19 pm

delia43 wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
My short-term memory is terrible. I'll forget what I'm doing while I'm doing it. I'll have the TV remote in my hand and forget where I put it :x

I'm not even exaggerating =/

I've done this, too! I also regularly go to the supermarket because I need to buy one thing, will buy three other things, come home, and realize I still don't have the orginal item. I'd make a list, but I tend to lose lists, too! :lol:

Also, took that online memory test and scored 26%. 8O

I've done both those, and walking to my pantry from the kitchen there's about a 1 in 4 chance of coming back with what I meant to get. :wink:

Also tend to forget what I'm saying the middle of saying it, have lots of great conversational thoughts (well, I'd like to think) that are gone by the time there's a break in the conversation to say something, etc. etc.

Strange thing is, I didn't really realize or notice how much trouble I had with this until I was about 18-19...??? :?

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2008, 7:49 pm

My working memory apparently sucks. I have an excellent visual memory, but auditory and otherwise is awful. I've never been able to do mental math more than basic multiplication, I can't remember anything but the gist of conversations.

18 May 2008, 8:48 pm

I have tendancy to lose things. I always thought that was my ADD but is that also part of working memory? :?

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 9:09 pm

I can remember I read about three years ago, but not remember what someone just said three minnuts ago.

AspieMamaof4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2008, 9:10 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
I can remember I read about three years ago, but not remember what someone just said three minnuts ago.

Yes. This.

Lepidoptera
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2008, 11:13 pm

paulsinnerchild wrote:
Like this animated memory game. I must performed a lot better than I usually do and scored 47%
http://www.zefrank.com/memory/

This is the same as old game show called Concentration. Anyone remember that? I wasn't good at it then and I'm not so good now, only 28% average.

AspieMamaof4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2008, 7:25 am

Bah 33.3 :?

bettybarton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2008, 8:01 am

hi hudor- yes me too; sometimes i ahve scored 100%- becasue of photographic memory on memory tests, but mostly i am lost in a mist...

verbal instructions are a pain.. but if i write them down, i can remember them verbatim usually, though i might not comprehend it, depending on how my mind is working ...

sometimes its really bad; and i feel really confused. i wondered if i had early onset altzhiemer's!! !! ! i just get so consufused over simple things and cant remember day to day things- it really did seem like it... but i dont think it is!

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 9:47 pm

http://www.zefrank.com/memory/

Just did it again just more quickly and more randomly without sticking to a strict pattern like picking the for corners first and carefully concentrating.
But doing it quickly and more randomly I could only manage 23%. Which is no surprise because my working memory is really bad anyway.

By carefully concentrating and doing it more slowly so the images can stick in my mind the best I could do was 60%

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 9:07 pm

i have an amazin memory for long and short term. i can remember things from 10 years ago (im 14 btw) and how i was feeling at the time and the thoughts that were going through my head at the time.