Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

little-bird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2008, 10:26 pm

Just curious to know if any of you were premature babies. I was two months prem.
Sometimes I think that perhaps a lack of contact with my parents, during those first few months (of which I should have still been in the womb), have made me feel even more distant and alienated than maybe I would have been. (My parents lived about 700kms away from the city where they had to leave me for a while).
I've also read all that literature going around about babies in the womb being exposed to too much testosterone in the womb because of stress etc in the mother, and it maybe having an affect on autism etc. my mother was definitely under a lot of stress physically, emotionally, mentally, which led to the premature birth. who knows.

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2008, 10:42 pm

Hmmm... I was born 4 weeks premature, but it was done deliberately by my mother's doctor... she induced labor early because she was going to be on vacation during my due date, and wanted to make sure she would be the one to deliver me. My mom was also under a great deal of stress while she was pregnant with me from a crappy job that had her coming home literally in tears every single day. Could be something to your theory.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 11:06 pm

With ME, labo was nduced early because the doctor, that my mother wanted to deliver me, was going on vacation!

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2008, 11:09 pm

Three weeks late.

I don't think being a preemie would have a huge effect on attachment given that attachment doesn't start until the second half of the first year (can't remember more specifically), although it's going to have some impact on something emotional, I suppose. I know it has a lot to do with resistance to disease - preemies whose parents touch them/spend time with them are healthier than preemies who just get left there.

Zamone
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2008, 12:51 am

C-section one month early. My twin was going feet fisrt at the same time as I was going head first. We would have colided and then there would be two very dead babies. O.o
My Mum had a heart condition at the time of our birth too. So we had little contact with her for the first few weeks.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

21 May 2008, 1:40 am

I was born premature but I don't think, for me, that has anything to do with me having AS because I was only slightly premature (36 weeks).
My mother was never meant to be able to have children. When she was pregnant with me, during the 5th month of pregnany the placenta started to die. There for I wasn't given all of the nutrition I needed before birth. Then at birth, I was in fetal distress and breach. Was delivered via c-section. I think that would have more to do with anything, than being 4 weeks premature.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 7:57 am

I was born 2 months premature.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 10:04 am

i was just under 2 months premature, and im exactly 6ft, makes me wonder how tall I would of been if I had been born on time :? :P

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 10:05 am

I came really close to being born mid-October, but I ended up being born on my due-date, December 28th.

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2008, 11:36 am

Not at all premature, only 2 days early, but extremely low birthweight. I weighed 3lbs 4oz (1.54kg), was 13" (33cm) long and was a full term baby. No reason why, I was just tiny.

craola
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2008, 11:48 am

I was late but was emergency c-section as I went into foetal distress.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 1:15 pm

My mom had a c-section...if there was any reason for it, she never told us. As far as I know, I was born just fine, no complications.

Only reason I've ever heard is that my younger brother was also a c-section because once you've had one, they like to do the second one the same way. Obviously, that doesn't work on my situation :?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 1:15 pm

I was 2 weeks early, but I don't think that's considered premature.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2008, 4:55 pm

Quote:
Hmmm... I was born 4 weeks premature, but it was done deliberately by my mother's doctor... she induced labor early because she was going to be on vacation during my due date, and wanted to make sure she would be the one to deliver me.

Malpractice.

Quote:
Three weeks late.

Malpractice.

LoveableNerd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2008, 5:04 pm

Thomas1138 wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm... I was born 4 weeks premature, but it was done deliberately by my mother's doctor... she induced labor early because she was going to be on vacation during my due date, and wanted to make sure she would be the one to deliver me.

Malpractice.

Quote:
Three weeks late.

Malpractice.

Yeah,... unfortunately she passed away a few years ago, so I don't think that would fly.

8th Cmdmt: Thou Shalt Not Steal.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2008, 5:47 pm

I was born, right on my due date.